Announcing: CMETO

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David I,

This is really a great compilation. I followed your instructions, but somehow didn't quite do it right, so I didn't get the modded terrain. I played a number of scenarios, some which I remembered from way back, and greatly enjoyed having them all together under CMETO.

The textures looked fine, but then I thought I would try re-installing a different way. Yikes, what a difference. I just now went back to view some of the scenarios that I'd played this weekend as unmodded, but now see them with your modded textures. I was quite amazed at the difference between the before and after modding. Very, very nicely done. Your textures really captured the feel and look, especially the winter scenes. Together with the uniforms, white camo for the Germans, bundled up US guys with gloves and scarves, it looks and feels quite cold.

Just thought I would toss in my congratulations for a really cool job.

Thanks,

Heinrich505

Had an idea last night which might help make up for the missing M-36s. Can the ammo loads for the M-10s

be tweaked so as to greatly increase their "T" loads

when subbing as M-36s? I know there's still a significant armor disparity, and I don't recall whether the M-36s have power traverse. Anyone know?

Regards,

John Kettler

[ October 17, 2007, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a hard core gamer but I've played CMBO on and off since 2001. Installed the game (again) back in early summer and started modding. I haven't reached Mod Slut status yet but give me some time.

DavidI, this mod is the reason I NOW have 3 installs of CMAK, which I bought myself as a birthday present a few weeks ago, on the hard drive and between modding and playing ETO and Normandy, I've yet to play 1 scenario of CMAK. Battlefront owes you one buddy. THanks again for a great mod.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just about to install CMAK for the first time, and would like to play the scenarios it ships with in the CM:Anthology box set.

Am I able to install this MOD as well and enjoy the mods while still playing the original scenarios for CMAK?

*EDIT*

After re-reading David's first post ( yes I suppose I rushed through it ) I see this will co-exist as a second install of CMAK along side my original CMAK installation.

Can't wait!

[ November 14, 2007, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: GDog ]

You might also want to swing by CMMODS and take a look at the collection of sorted scenarios for CMAK. There's a lot of Bulge, Market-Garden, and Normandy material there that can be used to flesh out a CMETO or CMAK-Normandy install.

Ok, Ok, I forgot to read the thread before posting. This was already mentioned a few posts higher.

• 4 weeks later...

Gridded terrain mods don't really work anywhere because they're an eyesore.

Apart from that, CMETO is the same thing as CMAK as far as bmp's are concerned. Which means you can even deface it with CMBB gridded terrain if you really want to (except in a few places where you'll probably have to do some light renumbering).

Well I finally got my rear in gear and installed CMETO.

I did a seperate install and tried loading a PBEM CMAK game already in progress with my new CMETO install.

Should the mods be in effect or does the game need to be created using CMETO to begin with?

( this feels like a silly question :confused: )

Sorry, but it is.

Changes to bitmaps have zero impact on anything apart from your own personal enjoyment of the visuals.

Oh, there's one exception. If you play with bases off and do a really good job of applying camo, then you may tend to overlook units that blend in with the forest. But that will only have an impact on you, not your opponent.

Originally posted by Philippe:

Sorry, but it is.

Changes to bitmaps have zero impact on anything apart from your own personal enjoyment of the visuals.

Oh, there's one exception. If you play with bases off and do a really good job of applying camo, then you may tend to overlook units that blend in with the forest. But that will only have an impact on you, not your opponent.

Thats what I'm asking Phillip.

Should my personal enjoyment of the visuals via updated graphics / bmp's (installed in the form of CMETO) come into effect mid-game of a PBEM match begun using the original CMAK installation?

If you have saved all of your PBEM files it's not a problem.

Load in the new textures, and then go back and watch the movies of all the previous turns in order. Just remember to end each movie turn by hitting escape rather than done (but if you forget you can still Alt-Q out of it).

This way you will have your new graphics, your PBEM game will continue without contiuity problems, and the old graphics will merely be the memory of a bad dream.

After you do this once, you will always prefer to number your PBEM turns 001Axis, 001Allies, 001Movie rather than 001, 002, 003 because with the pure numbers it can be a pain to remember which file you need to click on to watch a sequence of replays.

Oh, and when you do it, hit Shift-Q first and make sure your bases and flags are turned off. That way you'll be able to take some interesting screenshots along the way.

Originally posted by Philippe:

There are two kinds of terrain files in CMAK -- North African and Italian.

CMETO doesn't exist as a discrete program: it's simply a set of mods to CMAK Italian terrain.

Man... I know all that about CMETO. I didn't explain myself correctly.

ALL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW is are there any HIGH CONTRAST terrain files for CMETO!?!?!!??

Or will CMAK's modded high contrast terrain files look right in CMETO if they are used? I would think not.

Thx for your time.

Philippe wrote:

"There are two kinds of terrain files in CMAK -- North African and Italian."

Off-topic, but can anyone tell me if it is possible to have North African terrain in

CMAK after July 1943? i.e is there a 'trick'?

Currently working on Modern Middle East battle

for CMAK.....

Thanks, anyone....

Regards,

Matt