PBEM Helper help?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it automatically start CMAK and play the file. It only plays CMAK when I double click on CMAK in the top window after which I then have to manually select the file to play. It absolutely refuses to do anything when I select Play with the turn I want to play highlighted in the lower window of PBEM Helper.

Not a big deal in itself but it seems to be getting in the way of me getting Trusted Mode to work (though this latter may be due to unrelated bumbling on my end).

This same thing happens to me. And when I hit the play button, at the bottom left hand corner of PBEMH where it says "ready" it flashes checking CMBB, in long form. I do have both games installed in the same directory (not the default one by the way) Could this be the problem? I have checked the path upteen times in PBEMH and the game does start when I click on the top as above. I am about to give up on this feature of PBEMH. Everything else seems to work except the F5 key to save the next file name which does nothing.

Hence my real question. Can someone tell me the correct incrementing of files in Fast/trust since I have to enter them manually? Do you just add one as in a normal game (002 to 003) or is their more to it as I see file names in Fast/trust with something like Game_002(001:something).

Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any advice I can get.

Have you got the manuals mentioned previously? Fast mode will not work without the f5 working as the process wraps all the moves up in VBS. to make it all work.

However I am sure this can be overcome. BTW can you test your f5 key to make sure it is not duff for kick-offs : )

Do you have a no-cd loaded or is your machine looking for it? Is the game already running in background [loaded] or do you always start from Helper?

Yes I have the manuals and they were great, but don't address my problems.

That's tough luck for me and fast mode, was hoping to use it.

The f5 key works to refresh in helper but in game it doesn't update file :confused:

The CD's are in and the game is not running in background. Should it be? I'll try it.

Thanks for your response. I guess I will just have to play one turn at a time.

Originally posted by Mudhugger:

[

Hence my real question. Can someone tell me the correct incrementing of files in Fast/trust since I have to enter them manually? Do you just add one as in a normal game (002 to 003) or is their more to it as I see file names in Fast/trust with something like Game_002(001:something).

I add 1 to whatever number appears in the game-save window as teh previous number - AFAIK it has nothing to do with actual the game file numbers, which are auto-generated smile.gif

Eg if I receive a file 009, then I send file 010 - even thos the various turn files that make it up may be 015, 016, 017 and 018, or whatever smile.gif

Stalin

Are you saying you an do fast and trusted mode by manual incrementing as per your post? I hope I have understood you correctly .... : )

Mudslinger

Re-reading your original post I am beginning to suspect that possibly the problem might be that you are not installed in the default directory. Please check where you have it IS listed in the default directory. I had sort of assumed it updated itself or something when it searches for the exe. file when first installed.

On reflection I do not see any reason for my assumption : ). If it is not there either amend that part of the program or more quickly just rename your CM directory to one of the defaults and see if it changes it : ) Fingers crossed.

I dimly remember the troubles I had with it about 4 years ago : ) but in the light of how much time and effort it saves me I think it is by far the best thing other than CM itself ... It is a great shame more people do not use it.

edit spelling