Interest in CM tactics article?

Panzer76

Hello fellow CMers.

I and Walpurgis Nacht are thinking about writing a CM tactics article.

Walpurgis Nacht is the recent winner of the ROW tournament. When it comes to details on terrain and meticulous planning, you will be hard pressed to find anyone better.

I’m a veteran TCP player who prefers competitive play under time pressure.

Together we have around 8 years of CM experience.

The reason behind the article would be to compile our combined experience in an effort to give some advice on the most commonly asked questions on this BBS, and perhaps on some not so frequently ones.

Some topics that could relevant would be:

*Unit selection

*Use of terrain

*Use of infantry

*Use of tanks

*Tactics for different tanks models depending on terrain and date

*Recon by fire

*On the attack

*Defence

*Meeting Engagements

*Less orders is better

At the end of the day, it depends if there is enough interest to warrant this investment of time, and what you guys (and gals!) would like to get some advice on.

So, what do you think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it if it's in you guys to do. Waiting for 'enough interest' likely means nothing will get done.

Personally am not interested in QBs anymore, would more like to see something on armoured/mechanized tactics & strategies in the desert. The other 'theatres' have been around long enough and most players have spent enough time with them, that most know what to do now and how to get it done.

Even simply a collection of 'tips, tricks and traps' would be welcome reading I am sure for the veteran and new player alike.

Ron

Viva Mexico Cabrones!

Originally posted by jagcommander:

There's always something new to learn.[...]

Exactly. Experienced players that share their methods is generally a good read. I'd be interested in the way you guys plan your battles and recce ahead in meeting. At any rate, be sure to let us know if you go ahead.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Blah Blah Blah:

Yes Please.

It would assist me, and help my friend who is even worse than I.

Cheers.

Blah Blah, drop me a line if you would interested to see how you liked that scenario.

Mord.

Originally posted by Salkin:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer76:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Salkin:

Make a search for JasonC:s posts his tactical skill is very impressive.

Problem with JasonCs posts is that its all very theoretical, the guy is not a very good player. </font>

Well I guess Im not even a mediocre player then :mad: !

Well some people can teach but not do, that's just the way it is I suppose.

You can definitely become a better player by using some of his tactics. I really learned some good stuff by reading his "advancing infantry under fire" post for instance (no I don't have a link).

Panzer76 I'd really like to hear some details about Jasons playing style . Was he that bad ? I mean if you use real world tactics in CM you should definitely do ok.

Please tell me some details about his skirmishes with Walpurgis.

//Salkin