Gothic

poppy

Some one please review"Gothic" Its on Scenario Depot poppy smile.gif Now I know how other sceniaro writters felt when lots of downloads and no reviews. Im looking back and rewiewing sceniarios that I played, enjoyed, and didnt review. I appologize and will research and review these scenarios. poppy

Thanks for the reply Junk2drive, I researched my memory which is pretty foggy and which my video card wont display and reviewed two scenarios at the Scenario Depot that I played for many enjoyable hours. And theres many more. Im recalling them now. poppy smile.gif

Originally posted by Poppy:

Some one please review"Gothic" Its on Scenario Depot poppy smile.gif Now I know how other sceniaro writters felt when lots of downloads and no reviews. Im looking back and rewiewing sceniarios that I played, enjoyed, and didnt review. I appologize and will research and review these scenarios. poppy

Okay I give up...where on the SD is it? I searched for Gothic and for author Poppy and found neither. If you want help you have to let us know how to help.

Finally found it. I don't have CMBO any more so I can't help you out on this one. Sorry.

Panther Commander

[ August 28, 2004, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Panther Commander ]

Patience. smile.gif

If people have downloaded your scenario, they still need to play it.

So, if a pair download it and play it, we have some 2.5 email exchanges per turn. Say its a 25 turn scenario. That means 60 or so e-mails back and forth. And say these are two working guys, sending a mail every other day at most. That's about 120 days, or 4 months, before reaching end of the scenario. It could easily reach lower intensity levels, with two e-mails per week, making it 30 weeks, or 7 months. So you see we're easily talking significant amounts of IRL time.

And of course, of all games kicked off, a fair number will never be concluded for various reasons, and of those concluded, only few players will take the time writing a review, normally those exceptionally happy or unhappy about the design. If nobody says anything, in spite of credible numbers of downloads, it's probably average smile.gif

That's how it works.

Cheerio

Dandelion

Thanks for the reply Dandelion, I have only played against the AI and a few games over a local network in my own home so I didnt stop to consider the time element in a PBEM game. I hope whoever is playing or do play any of my scenarios enjoy them and any feed back will be appreciated, good or bad. poppy smile.gif

Thanks also to you Panther Commander for your efforts on my behalf. Im converting "Gothic" to a CMAK scnario thanks to Pyewackets map converter. Im also converting several other scenarios that wouldnt work in CMBO due to size into CMAK scenarios. Thanks again poppy smile.gif