original demo for CMBO

poppy

I appreciate the response and I looked at the scenarios that were suggested but they were not the same as the demo that got me hooked on CM. The demo that I played was in early 2000. It was as I remember of small or medium size. The Axis had an infantry gun in the SE corner of the map and some pill boxes in the NE corner, there was a little town in the center ,a pond or small lake east of the town. The only armor that I remember was one Panther or maybe two at the most. poppy

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Valley of Trouble

To this day, still one of the very best scenarios I've played ! Brings a lot of memories... This one quite made me a total addict. The very best pitch BFC could do was to put this scenario in their demo, IMHO.

You can find a "Valley of Trouble 2" here. from Rune.

There is also a CMBB version by Thomas Klimisch ("Valley of Trouble CMBB") but apparently the download link is corrupted :( .

And also a CMAK version as well. This time by Desert Fox.

Enjoy !

Originally posted by Tarkus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Valley of Trouble

To this day, still one of the very best scenarios I've played ! Brings a lot of memories... This one quite made me a total addict. The very best pitch BFC could do was to put this scenario in their demo, IMHO.

You can find a "Valley of Trouble 2" here. from Rune.

There is also a CMBB version by Thomas Klimisch ("Valley of Trouble CMBB") but apparently the download link is corrupted :( .

And also a CMAK version as well. This time by Desert Fox.

Enjoy ! </font>

Originally posted by Juju:

OoH! VOT! Brings back memories, VOT. smile.gif

Riesberg and Last defense were beta demo scenarios, weren´t they?

Yes, and Chance encounter was added later. I remember a number of people who didn't like the fact that there was only one new battle (Valley of Trouble) in the Gold Demo.