**** ROW V (Part 2) ****

Kingfish

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that all are having fun, of sorts. Some less than others...

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following CM tournaments:

</font>

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."

- Albert Einstein

Dawg’s - Entertainment Reckoning

ROW V - Group 7 –

------------------------------------

Sea Side Vacation at Maleme = 100%

Evil Bridge! = 100%

Moistened figure formed by two lines + one =54%

Highlanders gone to the underground = 32%

St. Edouards Bedtime ECT = 20%

------------------------------------

Scenario suggestion:

1) Meandering Across Moltke Bridge would be much easier if the scenario designers added a pedestrian walkway along the edges of the bridges. Pedestrian Tragic Signals, like they have in Paris, would be a pleasing augmentation.

Vert = Vague Humaine

Jaune = Mouchard

Le Rouge = Se retirent

2) That fishing boat mod would make Evil Bridge very Catfish accessible as well.

Dawg … off to play Big Band Bagpipes Lullaby in St. Edouards

Apologies all round.

My barrister battle buddy advised me of the missing bridge beacon.

"No Diving, Dumping or Jumping from Bridge!"

This sign should be displayed in a prominent position and included in the general briefing. He deliberately excluded any bungie prohibition for those who enjoy the thrill of Parabolic Maneuvers in the Dark.

GAJ: That is what my Doctors say as well! My ears are perhaps not as finely attuned to the incomparable points of operatic singing in the cryptic chaos of St. Edouards as yours. Now I did enjoy the twilight performance of Bizet's 1875 opera Carmen but… no one was shooting at me. The Maleme sea side air is refreshing and you can fish there too!

Kenfedoroff: Bait in the French vogue, caviar! Skip those plastic, weedless wacky worms and stick with genuine, fresh fish eggs for fish bait. Bring a BIG ice chest… with refreshments and to keep the caviar cool as well.

Dawg … fluffing the bunk pillow, implementing CD and dreaming of Carmen's love quadrangle & caviar. ROW moves tomorrow after dreams of romantic roe tonight.

Hey Melnibone,

Did you see the poetic verse scrawled in French on the back door of St. Edouards?

There once was a challenge called ROW.

Frolicked only by folks in the know.

If engaged long enough.

Contests are remarkably rough.

But so are the boyz of ROW.

Dawg… off to ‘Fresh Shrimp’ for dinner and post feast to gather fresh beans for fracas fortifying. Feeding La Pavoni nourishes the not too centralized processing unit.

"An empty Espresso machine is a terrible thing to waste."

I've seen everything now. :eek:

BTW, has anyone else in Group V had any trouble with receiving files from Jeff Wilders of late? I haven't received one for about a week which is most unlike him and haven't received any replies to follow ups via email to date. Was he going away before and during Easter or something?

Regards

Jim R.

ROW Rumbles?

My ‘very significant hottie other’ asked several cogent ROW V questions.

1) "Will ROW V celebrate a Dinner Dance / Awards Ceremony?

2) "If yes, will the festivity be a Black Tie / Couture event?"

3) "Will there be valet parking for the limousines?"

Dapper Dawg … wearing Christian Dior… Moves latter G-7.

Just finished St. Edouard with The_Capt - thanks to him for a good game.

I've now finished Triangle and Moltke also, almost done with Maleme and just started Highlanders with a replacement player, though I think we are at the 25% mark or close to it? Making the June deadline should be a snap - maybe I'll even have time to do decent AARs....

This is really just a "belt & Braces" post, hope all the guys in group 11 (and the "management")got the relevent mail.

Hi All,

I'm moving home on 11th April. Sometime between then and now, not sure when, my ISP service will wind up and this machine will have to be packed away. I'll be out of the loop for 10-14 days but will return with a new e-mail address and carry on from where we finish up. The games should all meet the deadline no problem I suspect.

This is just a wee "heads up" so that if you get no replies for more than 2-3 days you'll all know what the deal is. Until then keep them coming.

Regards,

Bill Halley

aka

Sleekit

Think I may have posted this elswhere by mistake!! :confused:

Hows about a little update, hmmmm?

We are approaching the halfway mark, and so far have received scores from the following people:

Wet Triangle

Nefarious - Yacinator

Renaud - Stikkypixxie

Vadr - Green as Jade

Green Hornet - Jbertles

Elmar Bijlsma - mPisi

a1Steaks - Treeburst155

Cpt T - Bigdog

Tabpub - Kanonier Reichmann

Kenfedoroff - The Enigma

Simovitch - Stoneage

Cuzn_JG14 - John O

Sripe - Flammenwerfer

Mick OZ - Steve S

Ted - Lt Bull

Andrew Kulin - Panzertwat

Combined Arms - Frenchy

Dangerous Dave - Michael Dorosh

Pitt Panther31 - The Capt

Sleekit - Platehead

Redwolf - Melnibone

19/36 - 52%

Push to Maleme

Stikkypixie - Steve McClaire

Green as Jade - Green Hornet

Vadr - Alkiviadis

Gtimthane - Jbertles

Walpurgis Nacht - Bigdog

Sandy - Kanonier Reichmann

Simovitch - Kenfedoroff

JonS - DawgBonz

Flammenwerfer - Malakovski

Lt Bull - DieselTaylor

FoxholeRob - Mick OZ

Panzertwat - Merkin Muffley

Platehead - GSX

The Capt - Dangerous Dave

13/36 - 36%

Highlanders in Hell

Nefarious - Steve McClaire

Green Hornet - Vadr

Gtimthane - Green as Jade

Bigdog - Treeburst155

Simovitch - Other means

Cuzn_JG14 - JonS

Larry Thorne - Malakovski

Mick OZ - Ted

Lt Bull - FoxholeRob

DieselTaylor - Steve S

Combined Arms - Merkin Muffley

Frenchy - Andrew Kulin

The Capt - Platehead

Sleekit - Dangerous Dave

Londoner - Melnibone

15/36 - 41%

St. Edward's Sanitorium

Renaud - Nefarious

Jbertles - Vadr

Gtimthane - Green Hornet

Walpurgis Nacht - a1Steaks

Simovitch - The Enigma

FGM_Smashing - Malakovski

Mick OZ - Lt Bull

Steve S - FoxholeRob

Merkin Muffley - Frenchy

Platehead - Dangerous Dave

10/36 - 27%

Across Moltke Bridge

Steve McClaire - Renaud

Vadr - Gtimthane

Green as Jade - Jbertles

Green Hornet - ded

Walpurgis Nacht - Treeburst155

DawgBonz - Cuzn_JG14

Sripe - Malakovski

Lt Bull - Steve S

DieselTaylor - Mick OZ

Andrew Kulin - Merkin Muffley

Michael Dorosh - Platehead

Melnibone - Jim Crowley

12/36 - 33%

Score submissions have dropped off in a big way, and I am hoping that this is not an indication of people losing interest and letting their games fall by the wayside. I would rather think that most, if not all, of the remaining games are proceeding at a good clip and I will soon be rewarded with more scores.

Remember, the scoring program cannot handle incomplete games. I must have all the scores to properly run the program. If that means me having to finish games for some people, so be it, but I would much rather have you all do it. A quick look at the percentage yet to be completed, and the time remaining, should make you understand why.

Quick update. Highlanders in Hells has only 4 turns to go but is currently stalled for the past 2 weeks or so due to my opponents problems with his computer. Moltke Bridge has about 10 turns to go and should be well & truly finished before the deadline while The Sanitorium is more than half way through so I don't anticipate having a problem completing that (although a bit tight judging by how frequently the turns are being turned over).

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Quick update. Highlanders in Hells has only 4 turns to go but is currently stalled for the past 2 weeks or so due to my opponents problems with his computer. Moltke Bridge has about 10 turns to go and should be well & truly finished before the deadline while The Sanitorium is more than half way through so I don't anticipate having a problem completing that (although a bit tight judging by how frequently the turns are being turned over).

Regards

Jim R.

Say Jim, who is having the computer problems? I am having 2 slow ones myself in our group. I guess I need to shake the tree and see what falls out.