**** ROW V (Part 2) ****

Kingfish

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Malakovski:

He made a long AAR-ish post in one of the final ROW IV threads. Worth reading. Tactics were very gamey, IIRC, and showed an intimate knowledge of the game system and a willingness to conduct tests prior to battles. A search shouold turn it up...

I couldn't resist a defensive response to this . . . at least to say. . . . a gamey trick can pick you up a few points here and there, but they're hardly game makers/breakers. Most of the tactics I wrote about in that post weren't terribly gamey at all. And you will note I always call them gamey if I think they are.

That said, this game is about timing, initiative, manuever, avoiding a fair fight, and of course luck. Master the first 4 in this list and nothing else will matter.

Originally posted by Walpurgis Nacht:

I couldn't resist a defensive response to this . . . at least to say. . . . a gamey trick can pick you up a few points here and there, but they're hardly game makers/breakers. Most of the tactics I wrote about in that post weren't terribly gamey at all. And you will note I always call them gamey if I think they are.

No criticism was intended, especially since you did acknowledge it, and your margins of victory were so large it can't have made much difference.

I made a few mental notes for my own future use...like taking out used assault boats. I wouldn't be above that little tactic...

Originally posted by David Chapuis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Melnibone:

It's a shame not all the AAR's from ROWIV have made it public...there were a few I was looking out for.

I was wanting to see the walpurgis night AARs from ROW IV. </font>

It's a shame not all the AAR's from ROWIV have made it public...there were a few I was looking out for.

OK Group 12 in the latest words of the great Delia Smith:

"Where are you? Let's be having you! Come on..."

Originally posted by Redwolf:

.... I have a crazy work deadline for March4 and will be slow in responding until then and probably including the weekend thereafter.

Redwolf..will you be back in action soon?

Artavash\Colt not heard from you in a while - what's the plan?

As for Londoner and Jim Crowley - I'm done with you both - I wash my hands of you smile.gif

Moltke and Highlander finished - both excellent scenarios....thanks to the designers.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

Moltke and Highlander [] - both excellent scenarios....thanks to the designers.

I agree with that completely. Moltke had all the feel of Wolf... sheer terror and continual suprises!

When it's so easy to make "yet another scenario" these ones that feel so different and unique are diamonds indeed.

Attention Spanish Bombs.

Replacement calling. Damn I hate being a replacement, however I enjoy an even greater challenge of having to re-arrange someone elses forces. Anyway 4 of my 5 games underway. Last game against Mike Dorosh is still pending, have mailed him twice though. Hopefully I will recieve the game file soon. Will keep you informed.

Originally posted by Steve McClaire:

Are you still out there Yacinator? I haven't received any email from you if so.

Has anyone else in section 1 heard from Yacinator? It's been over a week since I've received anything from him and I've resent the last turn twice.

Steve

Yeah he has slower turn rate, but we have time. BTW all turns will be out tomorrow.