Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Suggestion to improve the airplane ai

Well this idea came into my mind after a BF110 blasted away my defensive line while I was playing as Axis. (Maybe the German pilot did it because I was playing as Italians ;) ) Well anyways the situation was this: Two infantry units of mine were dig in in the desert and about 30 meters away from a Valentine I tank, which was in front of them. My troops were attacking the tank from their position. Then the BF110 came flying from the other end of the map straight to the tank and my defensive line and dropped 2 bombs. Well the tank was cracked and the defense too, because the bombs landed between the tank and my defense.

To avoid such disturbing events, would it be possible to script the ai for pilots, that they do not attack enemy units targets near allied units unless no equal valuable target is available? Or at least script the ai to not fly into a direction where it could hit its own units when dropping bombs? I suppose that my defense would not have been killed when the plane would have come from the right or left side instead of attacking straight ahead.

Anyways the game is as good as ever! smile.gif

I don't think so. I was playing the Ariete scenario and in this scenario the defensive positions are fixed from the start. My units have been in a large trench, which can be easily seen by airplanes, especially when they know where the positions are. And there hasn't been any smoke around them.