Next Title ?

I think in a recent posting Moon said something like it would be foolish for them go to all this effort to just redo an existing title (or words to that effect), so don't hold your breath on a CMBO redo until they completely run out of other ideas. They said the new game engine was open for titles in the past, present, and even the future(!).

Their only hint that I can recall about the next title is someone saying they were sticking with their original long-term business plan. If I remember old-old-old threads correctly that might imply an early-war title (Poland/France 39-40?). A lot of this 'info' is as precise as predicting the future by observing the flight of birds!

[ February 09, 2005, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

OK

BUT but...

I sure am hoping if CMBO is not redone as the first CMx2 engine title it WILL be the SECOND title released COMPLETE with great new fetures we have not even thought of yet and the EVER popular multi -multi player "multi play" new fancy command structure allowing multiple teams of players on each side to do virtual combat in the ETO. smile.gif

PLEASE let it be!

thanks for the insight MikeyD!

(I missed Moon's post, where he is posting to now a days?)

-tom w

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I think in a recent posting Moon said something like it would be foolish for them go to all this effort to just redo an existing title (or words to that effect), so don't hold your breath on a CMBO redo until they completely run out of other ideas. They said the new game engine was open for titles in the past, present, and even the future(!).

Their only hint that I can recall about the next title is someone saying they were sticking with their original long-term business plan. If I remember old-old-old threads correctly that might imply an early-war title (Poland/France 39-40?). A lot of this 'info' is as precise as predicting the future by observing the flight of birds!

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg 49:

Does anyone know if there are any plans by Battlefront to add another title to the wonderful Combat Mission series? Perhaps an upgrade to bring CMBO up to par with the later releases or maybe a move to the Pacific.

[flame the newbie]

:mad: Have a look at the other threads. Whatcha think all those CMx2 threads are about? :mad:

[/flame the newbie]

Hmm... I think a good candidate for the first CMx2 title would be the Chaco War between Bolivia and Paraguay. That could be followed up by the Spanish Civil War, and then maybe a game about the birth of armored warfare in WWI. This last will be possible because by then the engine will have been refined enough to handle multi-turreted tanks. And then, when excitement for mainstream titles is at a fever pitch, they should bring out a whole game focusing on the tank battles in Mongolia at Khalkin Gol, perhaps with an add-on dealing with the Winter War and Japan's blitzkrieg advance down the Malay Peninsula prior to the fall of Singapore. Then, to round things out, a whole game devoted to Japanese armored warfare against China in the 30's and 40's...

And in case anybody is snickering, I just want to remind you that those Paraguayan biplanes are not to be sneezed at.

I demand a full game based on the Falkland Island Thing.

It'd be similar to the N. African portion of CMAK, but you'd only need like...two scenarios.

And of course they have to have ships and jets. I want the Argentinian airforce's planes modeled in stunning 3D! All six of them.