Essential mods

Having played CMAK for a few years, I've never really gotten into mods. I use a grid mod which I think really helps. I'm not that interested in mods that enhance graphics since I usually play at camera 4 or 3 where details aren't that noticable. So, I'm looking for CMAK-mods that make gameplay easier, more intuitive etc. Any suggestions other than grids?

Thanks

It is interesting to consider that there is probably an optimal and recommendable method to playing CM.

For instance I recall someone saying he played with the sound off which of course seems slightly lunatic if you are able to differentiate between various weapons by the sounds in game.

Slightly less obvious is the regime you might have for using certain views and not playing solely at level 5, remembering to take tree off when fighting in woodland, etc etc.

Going back to the graphics - I think the grids of the greatest use - I must try those recommended above!

I always feel if I were smarter I would do a spreadsheet to keep track of all my units so I did not accidentally forget to use a sniper or HMG. Cycling through all the units is one method but it does break up viewing areas where units are intermingled across the battlefield - theefore not ideal.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

I always feel if I were smarter I would do a spreadsheet to keep track of all my units so I did not accidentally forget to use a sniper or HMG. Cycling through all the units is one method but it does break up viewing areas where units are intermingled across the battlefield - theefore not ideal.

At the end of my turn, I usually turn trees off, adjust unit size to +4, and then scan the battlefield in view 8, 7, and 6 to make sure I have issued all the necessary orders. It sucks to forget about a lone enemy AT gun in the woods then have that same gun brew up a couple of your precious tanks on the following turn.

[ December 17, 2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Leprechaun ]

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Leprechaun:

Different color tracers for each side are a nice addition (blue and red are my favorite). I also like the narrow command/target line mod which I believe is in the CMBO section of cmmods. It makes the map less cluttered when you have show movement/target lines enabled.

I am having a heck of time finding this narrow command/target line mod which sounds so good.

Can anyone link me directly to it or give me a hint as to the search keywords? I have tried everything and still no success.

Cheers

*EDIT* I found the mod by .bmp search. It is .bmp #2020 located in the CMBO mod section.

Not sure if it will work with CMBB & CMAK but will soon find out.

[ January 03, 2008, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: GDog ]