Does the desert *really* suck, or is it just me...

Originally posted by arax3:

I love the desert, the sea, the mountains, the deep woods, the ice pack, all spendid for their awesome silence and granduer. They all bring one closer to God's majesty. A3

Ever been to Kuwait? The desert there is about as majestic as a McDonalds drive through. It's incredibly hot, dry and dusty. :(

Hehe... I was in the desert for way too damn long... it's sad that over a year of my life was spent in a crappy-ass treeless land... I just blame Hussein...

Desert in CMAK?

I take it as a nice change from the green... white... green... white... green... white... of CMBB... it presents more of a challenge and provides more experienced players with an even greater edge...

GG

I think certain sections of the desert are the most beautiful in the entire Combat Mission series. Specifically when the sky is blue, and your down at ground level with the troops as they steadily march under some palm trees in an orchard. You could almost forget there was a war going on when you're in locations like that. At least until the German artillery hits.