Target Wide how?

I have finally decided to use the target wide command for some spotters. All the manuals online and off say hit "I". Well either that isn't working or I am not noticing the state change.

What denote that you have the spotter set to target wide?

Does it matter the level of the spotters veterancy?

Maybe all is good, but i cannot tell, they have yet to fire, just want to make sure they do fire wide.

I have searched these forum for "Wide" "fire wide" and "Artillery wide"

I get discussions about it, but not threads mentioning there being a problem about they "I" key or how to tell the command is enacted

• 2 weeks later...

means the unit moves to contact then stops. Combine it with a reverse command and the unit will move till it meets bad guys then reverse. handy for using recon units.

If they don't explode before executing the command. Still they've done their job then...

Cheers fur noo

george

Originally posted by George Mc:

means the unit moves to contact then stops. Combine it with a reverse command and the unit will move till it meets bad guys then reverse. handy for using recon units.

Are you sure of this? I always thought encountering the enemy while moving to contact deletes all further waypoints. A unit reversing out of harm's way could also be the TacAI kicking in.

• 1 month later...