Churchill AVRE firing rate, quick question

Cabe Booth,

Appreciate your courtesy in asking first. Got the file fine and even figured out what to do with it, but either you included the password and I missed it in the accompanying, now deleted, wrapper or I still need one. Please send password when you get the chance or just list it here, assuming it's for a completed game.

Regards,

John Kettler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabe Booth,

A rip snorter of a battle on one of the prettiest CM maps I've ever seen. Who did the scenario, and what's it called please? I say scenario because I just can't imagine that the QB generator would turn out such a remarkable map. Most Churchills I ever seen in one game.

Regards,

John Kettler

It's from Pud's site

http://home.iprimus.com.au/mudansha/maps.html

and I can tell you there is more than one beautiful map on there

WE used it as a QB with a lot of points to buy with obviously.

My friend wanted me to prove that the allies could beat the Axis in CMAK when they used tigers.

He said he believed the game was unbalanced (CMAK) and wouldn't stop playing axis until someone beat him. So I figured he had not been playing against people who knew the value of the Churchill, probably people buying a bunch of Fireflys.

Next battle I think I will load out with scads of Valentine IX and X's and show him that not only the big stuff can destroy an axis iron wall. The small swarming tank with a 6 pound gun and make life even more hellish.

He said he wanted to play the same map over again, he wants to do same loadout, I don't think he understands. It wasn't bad luck. It was just that ,yes, the allies have heavy tanks that can take a beating and deal it out too, they just move

r

e

a

l

l

y

s

l

o

w

which in some cases forces you to take your time by default. Hard to get killed rushing into battle when you are crawling. Sorta saves your butt.