I have not downloaded the demo but how's it running on your rig?

Originally posted by Quintusarrius:

AMD 750Mhz K2 with 512Meg Pc133 and a 32Meg ATI graphics card.

Turn processing takes longer than CMBB but the movie and in game scrolling seem smooth enough from the brief play I have had so far.

I suspect my machine will struggle with anything over 1000 pts though.

Do you mean a K6/2? I thought they never went about 550Mhz.

If you mean an ordinary Athlon - mine's an 850 with a bit more RAM and a newer graphics card but I'm still playing 20,000 point games. smile.gif

Do you mean a K6/2? I thought they never went about 550Mhz

You know, you could be right. Maybe it's the next one up, it's been so long since I paid attention to the startup screen. Doh!

20,000 points? My machine would fall over and die. My CMBB 1250 game in a large town is getting somewhat juddery (mind you, 660K PBEM movie files are not uncommon in this fight).

I took the graphics card out of my machine at work to stop myself falling victim to temptation :)

PIV 3.2 @ 4.2ghz. 1024mb PC3500 with tight timings. ATi 9800Pro with cat 3.9's. Get this, it appears to run slower than CMBB. Maybe it's just me, but I intend to look into this. I've got a Nvidia 5950 here to test, and I will install this and try it out. I'm wondering if it's the cats causing the problems as they have done with other games.

phil stanbridge:

I think we might be looking at a similar problem. My computer [see above] is fast as you like, but CMAK is crawling like a snail on mogadon with a gammy leg [sic] and I can't think what might be causing this other than a graphic conflict type thing. Not being too techie minded I would love to hear any solutions to this slow-down problem we have both observed.

cheers

Cass

Originally posted by cassh:

phil stanbridge:

I think we might be looking at a similar problem. My computer [see above] is fast as you like, but CMAK is crawling like a snail on mogadon with a gammy leg [sic] and I can't think what might be causing this other than a graphic conflict type thing. Not being too techie minded I would love to hear any solutions to this slow-down problem we have both observed.

cheers

Cass

I had a similar problem when I replaced my 32MB GeForce DDR with a 128MB GeForceIV. I downloaded the latest drivers, installed the most up-to-date version of DirectX, and woosh.

ASUS A7N8X

AMD 2600+ xp

ATI 9800 PRO 128MB

1gb ram

when it's playing it runs fine and smooth.. only problem I have is from time to time it "locks UP" during the movie.. the cursor still moves but game stops.. I can ESC or CTRL+ALT+DEL and either black or garbled screen comes but then the turn continues.. I have to end up restarting the machine.