RoW IV: Boots & Track, any idea when you intend to kick this off?

Kingfish, WWB,

Just a gentle inquiry/very gentle prod how far are you in the development stage of the Rumblings of War Tourney for CMAK, RL permitting?

smile.gif

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Order in the Forum! Order I say!

Official announcement and signup thread will be coming shortly as there are a few administrative details being worked out.

But, should you plan to participate, I would not plan too many trips for late Febuary and March.

WWB

PS: For now, you scenario junkies can get your fix with the B&T TCP Pack.

[ January 13, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: WWB ]

CombinedArms,

Rest assured that those gentlemen that have played in all 3 RoW's will have preference to newcomers and existing Vets ;) . It seems there will only be place for 72 players, with a back-up list of few players in case RL inteferes with the players schedule.

Heya!

But I am concerned about the screening of players.

In RoW III I had a lot of trouble with people not committing to their games.

(Myself, I had to step out of the initial round due to real-life emergencies myself, but everybody else didn't seem to have the urge to make a clean cut, in particular in the Ersatz finals I was in, where I couldn't complete a single game, and only only was near completion).

Hi Redwolf,

Getting buy in from players is a hard thing to do and if you have any suggestions to help with this then chime in.

As WWB says things are being put in place to support ROWIV and if anyone has suggestions now is the time to speak up.

Mail Kingfish or post them here.

Cheers

H

The only "idea" in the original sense of the word I had was to do a telephone call.

If a person is not "proven good" from previous tourneys, you could mandate a telephone number and give him a call to verify it's correct.

In my opinion, the growing number of dropouts over the years is mainly a result of more and more people just annonymously joining up for anything and then losin interest. Breaking the annonymity will have a huge effect.

It would also simplify a verifcation that a person who stopped replying to email is indeed out of the tourney, the phone number would cut through broken email setups. It also gets a quick yes/no answer if you reach the person.

Guys,

Just wanted to pop in for a minute and let you all know that I haven't been ignoring you, just been busy as hell. As wwb said, there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes right now, and we want to get them squared away before we make the official announcement.

The shell is loaded, the breech is closed, and the coordinates are locked in. All that is left is for me to pull the lanyard.

Soon...real soon.

To hinder players from disappering you could take credit card numbers up front and if someone drops out buy a bottle of South African wine for everyone in their group and charge it to their card.

It may not exactly prevent players from dropping out but the rest of the group wouldn't mind so much ;)

Or in THumpres case it would be a bottle of Irish Whiskey (which explains his tournament play tongue.gif )

Originally posted by Ted:

To hinder players from disappering you could take credit card numbers up front and if someone drops out buy a bottle of South African wine for everyone in their group and charge it to their card.

It may not exactly prevent players from dropping out but the rest of the group wouldn't mind so much ;)

Or in THumpres case it would be a bottle of Irish Whiskey (which explains his tournament play tongue.gif )

They don't call it "liquid courage" for nothing... :D