Is CMBB still backordered?

yay! thanks for all the help! i cant wait to get into some Stalingrad fighting... And Berlin too... I hope they got a few battles in both. I really wanna get my hands on that Pavlov's house scenario, as I've heard of it in books I've read, and plus all the posts on it.

Thanks for all the help anyways guys

Well I see the backordering is still in effect, however, I have a few questions. I can't wait to play this game and have been researching and digging for almost 3 weeks now.

1) Will there be a surplus of games available after backorders are filled? Or are they working to fufill their current backlog?

2) Since I don't have the game yet, does it make sense to start downloading Mods to my HD, or does a copy of the game need to be preinstalled?

3) I have a question about CMMOS, though it's probably been answered a thousand times... I'm having a hard time determining how CMMOS is different than just adding MODS in manually? (besides the obvious) What are the advantages and disadvantages? Can you use both?

I know that's such a newbie question, but it's important that I understand how to get the best out of this game...!! I can't wait to play... the DEMO just isn't enough! :(

4) For a newbie such as myself... is it advantageous to purchase both CMBO as well as CMBB?

5) And finally, can anyone point me to a link that can show where to create MODS? I'd love to customize my own. (I'm thinkin, blood smears and kill notches) :D

I appreciate any light y'all could shead on this new recruit. I look forward to seeing y'all on the field of battle.

To answer a couple:

1) the new order most probably isn't just to fill outstanding orders but also to fill their shelves for future purposes. They probably let their stocks dwindle in anticipation of getting the v1.02 patch to disk.

2) download as many mods as you want or you can! There's 300-odd vehicle types in the game and only 10(?) new/updated textures in the patch.

3) I'm a mac guy and am not the man to ask about CMMOS.

4) advantage to purchase the CMBO/CMBB bundle? It's a toss-up. Half the people on the CMBB board have abandoned CMBO forever... but then again that was after having played it constantly for two years!

5) Creating your own mods. You need a drawing program that can save as bmp format. I don't know if I've seen a dedicated 'how to do mods' threat on this site.

"4) For a newbie such as myself... is it advantageous to purchase both CMBO as well as CMBB?"

BO was a GREAT game; but it is definitely not as mature a game. it is far more forgiving in many respects. i would hop right into BB and learn how to play correctly right away. BO can really mislead you when it comes to the durability of Inf or the accuracy of Arty.

Originally posted by Flipper:

Matt or moon my order was processed on the 26th am I in this boat too? :confused:

Yes, most likely your order is on hold until we have stock. We ran out by the middle of the month. But as Matt said, it's only a few more days. I've heard that stock has already been sent on its way from the duplicator, so it should really not take too long before it's in the warehouse ready to go out.

Martin

Originally posted by -HoTBoX-:

3) I have a question about CMMOS, though it's probably been answered a thousand times... I'm having a hard time determining how CMMOS is different than just adding MODS in manually? (besides the obvious) What are the advantages and disadvantages? Can you use both?

When you install a non-CMMOS mod, you overwrite the standard CMBB bmps. This is not a problem if you want to keep this mod forever, but if you want to go back to the BFC mod, or easily switch mods in and out, CMMOS is the way to go.

CMMOS backs up the BFC bmps when you install a mod, so reverting to default is a one button exercise.

Also, many of the modders include multiple options, and with CMMOS you can easily change which option you've applied without ever having to muck about in the files.

CMMOS rules, the only non-CMMOS files I use are AndrewTF's winter unis, and those will be in CMMOS soon enough.

[ February 06, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Thanks for the info MikeyD!!

So do you think that if I place an order in the next week or so that I will see my game show up before March/April? I'm really getting anxious to play!!

Being a Mac user, do you feel like your missing out on CMMOS?

I understand there are some issues with loading the MODS w/o CMMOS, ie. having to backup BMP's, issues with overwrites and having to select which MODS you want w/o knowing what they look like. Is this all valid?

I believe that there are more MODS at www.CMMODS.com but i'm not sure if it's just easier to use CMMOS. They seem to be doing a great job at adding them to CMMOS. Any info from you "CMMOS vs. manual MOD" vets would be greatly appreciated!

I'll start downloading today!

Anyone have any idea as to whether MODS will show up in the demo?

And Finally...

Can you play multiplayer with the DEMO? If so, I'm looking to get some mud on my boots. I can be reached at hotbox@cox.net

Thanks again for all the helpful info, I think i'm gonna like it here!

Thanks Becket!! That's exactly the kind of information I needed!!! ;)

[ February 06, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: -HoTBoX- ]

First, my knowledge of why and how the backorder's coming in is... well, is non-existant. I'm just talking based on precedent. CM can be trusted. And CM can sometimes be a bit late too, but that's only because they want the product to go out correct.

Do I miss CMMOS because I'm on a mac? That's like asking if I miss that third arm because I've only got the two. Never had it, don't know what I'm missing. Besides, the default art is plenty fine for the most part, and a lot of the vehicles I didn't like I modded myself (M3 scout car, Valentine, KV-2... the less attractive default ones). If you don't trust yourself with CMMOS you can pick up individual mods at www.cmmods.com

As for backing up the default bmp files before applying the mods, that's just common sense (though I suspect most people don't actually do it.) If you have a mod set numbered 8510.bmp through 6529.bmp, for example, just copy the original files by the same name into another folder. That way if something catastrophic happens you can restore 'em.

Mods will show up in the demo. the demo art is the same as the game art (just less of it).

The CD's (for windows) which we will have back in stock by the end of next week WILL contain 1.02 on them.

I am still trying to get clarification about the Mac CD's though. There *may* be a delay before Mac 1.02's CD's begin shipping since we have not run out of Mac 1.0 CD's as yet.

Also, in regards to the forthcoming 1.02 patch. Its about 8 megs in size (for the BFC version, Euro version will be bigger since it has to have multiple languages included) and you MUST already be patched up to 1.01 in order to install it.

Madmatt

[ February 07, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]