Split squad and mouseholing

Do you know the trick when using split squad order near the boundary of two adjacent heavy building to get a halfsquad in the other building?

It is gamey since it was not intended, but we can use it to simulate mouseholing, if we establish some rules.

Anyone posted rules about this? like using engineers only, delay...?

In reality how many times and how much explosive are needed to engineer to blow a hole in an equivalent of CM heavy building?

When you rejoin halfsquads together, you can't put allthe squad at the other side?

Otherwise, one of the halfsquad would have to run on the street in order to enter the other building... BUt a halfsquad is harder to spot than a squad, isn't it? ;)

Hello Darkmath,

Not sure about how many explosives would be needed. The problem is you would have to leave the building after putting in the charges or everyone dies. This might expose yourself to outside enemy fire unless you find cover such as another building.

If the buildings share a wall then a good engineer can blow a hole through it with a couple grenades or a single TNT charge and a couple sand bags. Or if the squad has some pioneer tools, as they are likely to have if in the defensive or if there are any vehicles near by, then they can do it themselves with a pick and sledge.

You also only have to evac the room and possibly those adjacent to it.

I think the evacuation could be considered as abstracted.

The wall it has to be mouseholed is the sharing wall between adjacent tall heavy building.

I have no idea how thick this wall is.

But those walls are load bearing, so i don't know if digging thourgh a wall would be safe.

Since engineers can blow up a heavy building with 5 demolition charge, I think digging through a wall would be possible ; one demo seems to be enough.

Tamp a couple grenades behind some sandbags or other material and they will blow a hole quite nicely. Repeat as needed or use something else to enlarge the hole. We aren't talking about blowing a hole in the Maginot fortifications. Interior walls, even in stout European construction, are just brick and we are only making an opening enough to crawl through.