ROW III - The Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney (Part 2)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody here needs to keep his wits about him regarding the multitude of turns/opponents, look at the excellent PBEM tool, called PBEM HELPER by Fuerte. Only a windows version BTW.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

</font>

[ January 20, 2003, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Quick bump.

One question though. The patch is meant to come out soon, last I heard anyway. How will this affect games?

Lets wait for the change list. So far we only know that bogging for heavy tanks is reduced, which is probably just good for gameplay.

Actually, I took the good corporal's question to mean, "What happens if 1.02 isn't backwards compatible to 1.01?" (which I assume it won't be). I'm certainly nothing even approaching an official in all this ('tho a happy participant) but it seems reasonable to require all games to finish with 1.01...no matter the lovely changes our heroes at BFC are coming up with.

Regards,

Jim

"Cyrano"

If your almost done with the game, then I'd just finish it under 1.01, rather than risk some type of compatability problem. Or you could run both versions at the same time. Just renaming the .exe files back and forth should work ok. But if there is any known problems with 1.01 to 1.02, then it will be in the readme when released.

Ohhhh excellent bets....

No pressure on you KR.

That is my territory selling myself down so it looks good when you win.

I know you will win through. All but one of my games see me defending and that is hard to do.

I tend to prefer attacking.

Anyway it surely can not be as bad as attacking at night through Barb Wire against a site with stone buildings and good internal lines of movement.

Of all the games this one makes me most nervous as I have yet to see how snow affects the troops.

A fun learning experience for both of us.

smile.gif

I hope you are beating up the Cpl!!!

I have yet to start on him.

;)

H

Originally posted by Holien:

Ohhhh excellent bets....

No pressure on you KR.

That is my territory selling myself down so it looks good when you win.

I know you will win through. All but one of my games see me defending and that is hard to do.

You're kidding me aren't you. What with EFOW and MG's which are now much more effective and altered behaviour from infantry which makes them panic under fire much more readily you reckon defending is hard to do? :confused:

I tend to prefer attacking.

Anyway it surely can not be as bad as attacking at night through Barb Wire against a site with stone buildings and good internal lines of movement.

Of all the games this one makes me most nervous as I have yet to see how snow affects the troops.

A fun learning experience for both of us.

smile.gif

Bear in mind that there's a blizzard blowing as well, I can't think of conditions that can be much worse to attack in. :(

I hope you are beating up the Cpl!!!

I have yet to start on him.

;)

H

As for the Corporal, we haven't really clashed forces as yet but I'm sure it wont be long at all so we'll have to see on that front.

Regards

Jim R.

KR

You are truly a past master at building yourself up.

:D

I see you will win no matter the outcome of the game.

tongue.gif

Of course what you fail to mention is what you get to attack with!!!! I am beting on Ski's.

I can assure you that I don't get much to defend with, and with the blizzard I will not see you until you are within SMG range.

And we all know the power of the Russian SMG squads.

:(

I am truly dead meat in our game and I will be lucky to have any men crawl away from the field of battle.

;)

H

Just a quick update from my section, as no one else has poked their head up in a few days.

Enoch and I have finished The Beast.

Hosszupalyi is winding down (about 5 turns left) with Tabpub.

The remaining three scenarios are about halfway through, with mixed results.

(edited because I can't keep people's nicknames straight)

[ January 23, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Bimmer ]

Game update for the 1st week.

King of Debrecen vs Wellsonian is completed

Rear Guard Action vs Nolloff is on turn 12

The Beast vs Ron A in on turn 11

Hosszupalyi vs Seahawk is on turn 10

The Christmas Battle vs Cyrano in on turn 9

Game update for the 2nd week.

Rear Guard Action vs Nolloff is on turn 23

The Beast vs Ron A in on turn 13

Hosszupalyi vs Seahawk is on turn 17

The Christmas Battle vs Cyrano in on turn 17

The Beast is bogged down due to work issues for Ron the rest of the games moving along well.

Treeburst155 and Estimable Foes,

I seem to be stuck in unforeseen cybernetic limbo, to the consternation of many others also expecting computers and myself. The expected bulk funds are late (any day now). I therefore am notifying all of you opponents that I am presently helpless to send you a CMBB setup or respond to yours.

Treeburst155,

This is driving me nuts, and my opponents seem to have most of their games well begun, but what do you think I should do? It would be easy to replace me, since I've done nothing in any of my games so far, leaving a clean deck for a potential replacement. Naturally, I prefer to keep my hand in, if possible, but am willing to cede my slot if you determine that is best for RoW III.

Thank you all for your patience and encouragement.

Regards,

John Kettler