ROW III - The Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney (Part 2)

Treeburst155,

So far I have received only Two E-Mails with game infor and files for "Hosszupalyi" and "The King of Debrecen", have not received any others as of this post.

Edited: Just received "Rearguard Action" and "Christmas Battle", still no "Beast"

[ January 08, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FreeKitten:

Will we be able to download the PBEM files to watch them afterwards. I'm not interested in playing, I'm a horrible player, but I love to watch other peoples' PBEM games and learn from what they do.

That's an interesting idea, Free Kitten; but somebody with the resources would have to volunteer to host the files. They would also have to record all the various passwords. Hmmm....a PBEM movie file archive....I'd like something like that too.

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst, do you have an example or template of an AAR that is of a good size and has the right content? e.g. something from a previous ROW toruney perhaps?

I've seen plenty of AAR's of varying complexity, but an example of what you & the design team consider helpful would be... ummm... helpful. ;)

Many thanks!

-Ryddle

Free Kitten,

Very interesting.....and thanks for being interested in making this possible. I don't know what size the average PBEM movie file is. I'd guess about 700 KB with the largest being a little over 2 MB.

It might be difficult to collect all the files from players. They would have to be diligent about keeping track of which files are the movie files, and then they would have to cooperate by sending all these file AND the passwords. The idea sure would make for some good AAR visuals.

Ryddle,

I'll send you a couple of AARs from previous tourneys. Hmmm... maybe Kingfish would rather handle that? Anyhoo, we'll get you some examples. Come to think of it, there may already be examples posted on the Boots & Tracks site. Check my sig.

Treeburst155 out.

[ January 08, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Ryddle,

I'll send you a couple of AARs from previous tourneys. Hmmm... maybe Kingfish would rather handle that? Anyhoo, we'll get you some examples. Come to think of it, there may already be examples posted on the Boots & Tracks site. Check my sig.

Treeburst155 out.

Sorry, no AARs at Boots and Tracks (yet), but I'm gathering a nice sample from both ROW I & II. Give me a few and I'll send them out.

Anyone else want these let me know. Address is in my profile.

Yeah, Toumas' email is down for the count. I got the first two scenarios to him as far as I know.

We'll just have to wait until he checks the thread like a good ROW player should. :D If he's out of touch for much more than a week I'll replace him. Players and replacements should check this thread at least twice per week just for situations like we're experiencing right now with Tuomas. If somebody's email goes down, this is the only way to communicate.

I'm starting to get fresh sign-ups for an overflow tourney. :D Because my work is slow this month I'm going to go ahead with it. I want to get the main event running smoothly first, and see who we lose. When things settle down, I'll launch the overflow sections.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst155,

So far as I can tell, I've received two scenarios, not five, possibly because Netscape was acting up badly during download, leaving me unsure of what precisely occurred. Seemed like a major interrupt

in mid download. Issue's moot anyway, since I don't yet have a CMBB capable rig. Best estimate is that master check will be in in a few days, at which point many computers will be bought, including mine. If this causes grave dislocation to RoW III and you need to replace me, I understand. I do feel, though, that if I'm up within a week or so on a CMBB capable Mac, then I should be fine, even if I do meanwhile gall a few of my foes via delay of several games.

Regards,

John Kettler

Bloody hell another student who gets to play rather than work...

tongue.gif

As for Sgt Lucky Bstrd I have not forgotten...

Me and a certain Australian have some cunning plans for you. (He He He).

I see one of the designers has a sense of humour.

The King has signed himself as "Your worst Nightmare". I could be unkind and put a name in that slot but I shall resist. I think I detect his presence elsewhere.

Just hope it ain't KF as that newbie is untested in scenario design and I don't want to be his guinea pig.

:D

I have all files and passwords and will be dealing with another game tonight (G/F willing).

On a more serious note I might only be able to start up a couple of games to begin with. Who in my group are the slowest players?

I am guessing the Cpl and KR are quicker turners but I do not know about Bertie Basset, the MD and Sir Tumalot?

H.

P.s. I am now back at work and lusting for the days when I was young and had no work worries.

;)

The next ROW tourney is tenatively scheduled for late spring / summer. Treeburst will announce when it is time to sign up, and usually an e-mail to him is all thats needed. The ROW vets have first dibs at a slot, but with 72 players per tourney there should be plenty of room for new players.

I suggest you sign up as a replacement player. You've got nothing to lose, and would be eligible to play in the overflow tourney (if Treeburst decides to have one).

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Ditto here. I just hope Holien and K.R. arn't holding to many grudges against me ;)

Cpl Carrot

Well I still have this theory C.C. that you're really Titan under a different name! It could explain many things. Whaddya reckon H? Am I onto something here or do we need to enlist the Illuminati?

BTW, I'm probably not the fastest player around especially as I still have quite a few other CMBO PBEM's to finish off as well at the moment. As far as I'm concerned H, there's no rush.

Regards

Jim R.

Hmmm I have heard of Titan but never seen him around or played him.

Could be.... You never see the two together....

As for our game shall we start it or wait a bit until you free up.

In the past I have only had two games on the go at any one time as long as the turns are daily.

So what my previous e-mail was really asking who should I start first and what sort of turn around should I expect?

If you (not you KR, a general question) are a slow gamer I guess the game should start asap so we can finish.

However, if you can do quick turns (one a day) then the game can start later as we should not hi the deadline issues.

Not sure if this is clear?

H

Spanish Bombs,

Was one of the setups you sent out sent to me? If so I have not gotten it as of 7:15am thursday morning (that would be 8:15am your time).

Let me know if it bounced back to you or if it is forever lost in the ether. I've gotten all of the briefings from Treeburst.