Which army would you fight with?

Originally posted by Patrick Brazil:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John D Salt:

And some people don't even wait, they take offence on other people's behalf.

Well said and I'll add, at the risk of being flamed, that the offended party is always white. </font>

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Mr. Spkr:

It seems to me that too many people wait to be insulted. They immediately ascribe malice to others' choice of words rather than trying to determine whether malice was intended or communicating to the speaker that a particular word or phrase was offensive to the listener.

This article in the Christian Science Monitor covers the issue rather well.

Good article Steve, Thanks smile.gif

Ive just read the whole thread here. Wow you guys can get worked up about trivia? I love it! being realistic for 30 secs, I dont think id like to have seen combat in WW2 as anything, War is just not nice, in any combat unit your chace of surviving unscathed is not high. I suspect most of the guys posting here, if thrown into their unit of choice in WW2 right now, wouldnt even last the training regime, never mind combat. LOL, good discussion that has somehow slanted way off topic. Me Id be a Posite!