Which army would you fight with?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rommel,

I'd take the US Marine Corps (for the same reason) but I would agree on the STG-44. Bitchin weapon to fire, either live or blank. Thank goodness the Germans didn't churn out millions of those in 43ish. I believe that the idea was for that to be the standard infantry weapon by late 45 early 46.

DavidI

Originally posted by ErikinWest:

Italians, Germans, Japs, Brits, or whatever. Which one you would you choose and why? Then which gun?

Me: Japanese because I love the army, weapons and style! Ill go with Type 99!

Cheers,

Erik

They also lost the war, murdered their prisoners, committed apalling atrocities against civilians in China and thoughout parts of Asia and Oceania, and were required to kill themselves rather than surrender. Not to mention losing every single land battle after June 1942.

Are you, like, retarded or something?

Italians, Germans, Japs, Brits, or whatever. Which one you would you choose and why?

In WW2, I think there is much to recommend serving in the Swiss, Swedish, or maybe Irish army.

Then which gun?

Isn't there some rule that says if you're not in one of the top six armies, your rifle is a Mauser?

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by the_enigma:

british airborne with my a enfield and later a stolen kar :D

Why would you swap a Lee Enfield for a Kar? Besides the question of which was the better weapon you'd have not trained on the Kar & wouldn't hit a damn thing.

I'd for the Galactic Empire too. Damn Ewoks :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Originally posted by Other Means:

Why would you swap a Lee Enfield for a Kar? Besides the question of which was the better weapon you'd have not trained on the Kar & wouldn't hit a damn thing.

Yeah, I'm sure it takes a course of six one-hour lectures, a day's range firing and a trade test before anyone can master the difference between the Lee bolt and the Mauser bolt.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by John D Salt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ErikinWest:

Italians, Germans, Japs, Brits, or whatever. Which one you would you choose and why?

In WW2, I think there is much to recommend serving in the Swiss, Swedish, or maybe Irish army.</font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John D Salt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ErikinWest:

In WW2, I think there is much to recommend serving in the Swiss, Swedish, or maybe Irish army.</font>

[/qb]

They also lost the war, murdered their prisoners, committed apalling atrocities against civilians in China and thoughout parts of Asia and Oceania, and were required to kill themselves rather than surrender. Not to mention losing every single land battle after June 1942.

Are you, like, retarded or something? [/QB]

Lets see here the germans killed 7 million jews, were ruthless and was led by a madman. The Japanese though they were brutal often came in times of panic and need. They had lost communication and they were running low on food and water so they had to kill there prisoners.

Though I'm not denying the other atrocities; every army commits it. Also this is a hypothetical question it doesn't mean you would actually support there cause. I just like there tactics and weapons.

Cheers,

Erik

Uh-oh. Here we go again...

The corrupted version of Bushido adopted by the Japanese Imperial Army is well documented, as is their ill-treatment of prisoners.

While every army may conduct itself poorly from a conventional point of view, some are notably more unpleasant than others. The Japanese Army in WW2 was very different from its predecessors, and from pretty much everyone else save the worst of the German SS units.

As a further note, Japanese tactics were not exactly great - while their stratagey enabled them to make large gains in the early stages of the war, I've never seen any evidence of a high level of battlefield tactics. On top of that, their weapons were rubbish. nearly every small arm employed was at least significantly flawed, and their support weapons were as bad or worse. The only area in which they did at all well was in the Naval weaponry. Even then they committed themselves to some real white elephant that they could not afford. Serving in the Japanese army would only be good if you were sadistic, or suicidal, or both.

I just like there tactics and weapons.

Cheers,

Erik

OH!!! I see!! You like the tactic where they sit in a cave and wait to get immolated by a flamethrower or demolition charge.

Or perhaps, the suicidal Banzai charge is more to your liking?

You really must tell us which comic books you are reading.

Japanese "tactics" in most of the battles in the islands from 1943 on involved upwards of 90% of the Japanese defenders being killed stone cold dead.

There are a few ways for you to re-enact that experience, but I'll leave it to your imagination lest I be charged for abetting a criminal (suicide is illegal in most jurisdictions around the world).

John D. Salt has the right idea, no matter how much Sergei pretends not to understand his point. ;)