Topo Maps from CM output

It's been a couple years since I've asked this question and I'm hoping for some developments since. Has anyone found an automated way to produce topo maps from the CM files? I've painfully entered cell elevations on small maps into contouring software packages and the results are very nice. Large maps are just too intensive. I've also used paint programs and power point to hand draw contours on a new layer (after using print screen for making a jpg map) which are OK. I sure wish Battlefront would create a way to output grid data into a text file. I'm not a programmer so I can't even think about hacking in to find the data in a table (and BF probably wouldn't like it either).

There is a program out there called map converter which uses a text file to save the terrain, elevation, and setup information.

It is a huge file since the program saves all the memory bytes for the largest map possible. The elevation alone is 160,000 lines of information with a space before and after the elevation information.

I found that a hex editor is the easy way to cut the unwanted information out of the file.

I don't know if this would be a work around for you or not. You'd have to make that call.

lee