OK

I think is on NOW

I mean after this commercial break

about 8:47- 8:48 PM EST

lets see what they say about video game on Headline news

here it comes

NOPE nothing this time

Jeany KimTrace talked about some Unreal II FPS thingy

maybe next half hour with that BABE Rudi Baktiar!

-tom w

[ February 06, 2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

OK

I saw it on CNN It lasted about 20-30 secs

they showed everything from view level 1 on NEVER switched

there were infantry units under Arty bombardment

and they showed a smallish (4x4) German armoured car moving in some trees up close in the fall or winter (looked unmodded) and a Russian armoured car ALL from view level one.

They clicked on a unit and show the "info" screen

for only 20-30 secs on Primetime CNN coverage its was GOOD!

Tracy claimed it was "the hottest game out there" and went out of her way to call it a combat simulation and NOT a FPS.

the www.Battlefront.com graphic was on the screen the whole time.

For free publicity you could not ask for much Better!

Astrocat should get some free "stuff" or something from the BFC crew if he had anything at all to do with getting ALL that free publicity from Headline news!!

(nice work)

It looked good!

-tom w

[ February 06, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

SNIP

Astrocat should get some free "stuff" or something from the BFC crew if he had anything at all to do with getting ALL that free publicity from Headline news!!

(nice work)

It looked good!

-tom w

Maybe Jeanne Kim Trais

should get the Stuff from BFC anyway

She did a good job

whether Astrocat assisted or not

smile.gif

Hey! It's Jeanne Kim Trais here!

I'm so glad to see some of you caught our segment on CMBB! I think the game really deserves the coverage and I was really happy that we got to do it.

Thanks to Martin (if you're reading this) especially for all the last minute preparations! smile.gif

Maybe ones of these days, I'll work up the courage to play against one of you guys. :rolleyes:

Thanks for covering the game, Jeanne. It's encouraging to see a journalist talk about something because they think it's good/newsworthy/interesting, and not just because there's a big ad budget behind it. I'm sure there were many game publishers with deeper pockets than BFC that would have loved to have seen their game on CNN.

Also, congrats to BFC for scoring such a PR coup. Speaking as someone who frequently works in PR/Marketing, free publicity like that is hard to come by, and usually translates directly into increased sales.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by JKTrais:

I'm so glad to see some of you caught our segment on CMBB! I think the game really deserves the coverage and I was really happy that we got to do it.

Thanks to Martin (if you're reading this) especially for all the last minute preparations! smile.gif

Maybe ones of these days, I'll work up the courage to play against one of you guys. :rolleyes:

Well, it was quite a surprise to see CMBB on Headline News like that! Consider me as your first opponent from the forums ! I'm only middle-good at this game, haha. smile.gif Was great to see CMBB get some exposure it deserves.

Hello Jeanne,

Another "official" thanks smile.gif But did you HAVE to put in the footage showing the back of Charles' head? It looks even more silly on TV than it does in real life! Well, except during crunch mode when Charles doesn't get his hair cut :D Weedwhackers refuse to start out of fear they might be asked to rectify the problem ;)

Steve

Originally posted by JKTrais:

Hello Jeanne! Thanks again for making this possible and the great coverage. The last minute preparations I had to do were nothing, it was Charles who grew grey hair taping the footage smile.gif

Martin

Of course, when I look this morning it was unreal being featured. Will have to look when I get home.

Jeanne/Astrocat didn't know you are in Chicago. You both are more then welcome next time we have a Chicago get together. If you don't mind a bunch of computer geeks, games, and beer. smile.gif

Rune

[ February 07, 2003, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: rune ]