May be of some interest. Free FM`s

Originally posted by Bonxa:

That peace by Lieutenant Backsight Forethought is just awesome! I had never heard of it before but it should be required reading for all noobs and grogs alike. Great stuff.

Ah, evidently a man of excellent taste.

I first met "The Defence of Duffer's Drift" when a pal of mine was issued with a copy when he did a course at the Junior Division, the Staff College, Camberley (as it then was).

I believe it is still on the USMC Commandant's reading list. I do not think it will be out of date until people stop using weapons firing conoidal bullets on the battlefield, and possibly not even then.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by Bonxa:

That peace by Lieutenant Backsight Forethought is just awesome! I had never heard of it before but it should be required reading for all noobs and grogs alike. Great stuff.

Thanks a bunch for that link!

Edit: Here's a better link to "Defence of Duffer's Drift" http://www-cgsc.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/Swinton/Swinton.asp

I just read it and Iam very impressed. This is a great read. I like the way he points out the mistakes and how he leads you to the right solution.

• 2 weeks later...