Of mods and partisans

You know...I only have AF_PARTISAN1.ZIP which is for the early set.

I don't know of an AF_PARTISAN2.ZIP covering the late set. Does this exist? I don't see it at cmmods. If you have AF_PARTISAN2.ZIP can I get it?

Jordan "AstroCat"

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Oh Aaastrocaaaat.... tongue.gif

I think I made a late set and I think I posted it before the crash, but I really can't remember for sure. I'll look on my HD when I get home and see if I can find it.

Thanks again Jordan for posting all my CMBB stuff. I don't think I would have taken the time to upload it all and I'm sure a lot of people really appreciate what you're doing. I know I do. smile.gif

For the longest time I've wanted to try my hand at uniform mods in the form of CIVILIAN dressed partisan units. I've even made some preliminary moves, but other project always seem to get ahead of that one.

I know the argument that Russian partisans were more official and organized than their Free-French counterparts to the west, and they sould be wearing proper uniforms, but still there are the Warsaw Uprising type scenarios that would call for at least partial civilian dress.

[ March 01, 2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

About the CMBB white Valentines.

They're the earlier mkI/MkIII types and only the later 6pdr/75mm Valentines show up in the CMAK Italian theater (where there's snow). But I do recall the technique so a whitewashed Valentine mkX isn't out of the question.

That's one thing I wish made it in CMBB, that cool 6 pdr Valentine.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

For the longest time I've wanted to try my hand at uniform mods in the form of CIVILIAN dressed partisan units. I've even made some preliminary moves, but other project always seem to get ahead of that one.

I know the argument that Russian partisans were more official and organized than their Free-French counterparts to the west, and they sould be wearing proper uniforms, but still there are the Warsaw Uprising type scenarios that would call for at least partial civilian dress.

That's a great idea Mike!!! If you ever find the time to make it let us know!!

I think its a pretty good idea...

edit: also, you could mix things up, have a guy with army pants and a regular peasants shirt, mixture of hats, etc...

I began trying to do that but then realized that there was a problem with them all looking alike due to units using the same arm, side, and leg BMPs. Unfortunately, CMBB is set up to make all the uniforms, well... uniform. That said, it would be easier to do with the early-war partisans as the mid-/late-war versions share the khaki gymnastroika collar with the rest of the Soviet face BMPs. I just eventually gave up researching and experimenting with it and made something that was similar to the stock game art.