Can buildings be rigged to blow?

I was playing a scenario when two small light buildings just blew up!

I didn't see that they were taking and fire (like direct HE) and I didn't see and demo charges being thrown. They just blew up simultaneously with no prior damaged. It looked like they had been primed and blown on command. Didn't do my two squads very much good who had just advanced into them. :(

I didn't read about such capabilities in the game manual.

Thanks.

I don't think it was big arty either. I mean what is the chance of a barrage with only two rounds landing simultaneously dead center on my two adjacent buildings.

Here is something interesting. Between the two buildings prior to the their collapse, there was one of those "Achtung Minen!" signs that the auto club puts up. Well, it wasn't there afterwards. Could my buildings have been built on a mine field?

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

I remember in BO you could blow up damaged buildings with demo charges. Perhaps a pioneer team area targeted the building with "use explosives".

Since a mine field was present, chances are that a pioneer team (from either side) auto targeted the minefield for some satchel charge lovin. I've seen demo charges take out multipe small buildings at once.

• 2 months later...

Panzerwerfer42 wrote:

There was a bug in CMBO, not sure about BB that caused all buildings on a map to blow up at the same time. I think the trigger was an aircraft attack but I don't really remember the details of it.
Unfortunately, the bug's still there in CMBB. I was playing a PBEM game when one of my Russian planes swooped down to attack a German AFV. Simultaneously, every small and medium building on the map suddenly exploded, and the few remaining large buildings looked like they took damage.

Luckily we didn't have units in the buildings, but this could have wrecked the whole game if one side or the other suddenly took a lot of casualties from roofs falling in. We can send the file to BFC if they want to look into it.

This was in "Clash of Titans II," a meeting engagement on a big map. So no, there were no mines or pioneers. Some of the affected buildings were hundreds of meters away from the target, including buildings behind my own lines. Gotta be a bug. I'm just glad we weren't playing a city scenario!

[ September 02, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: shrek ]

Originally posted by shrek:

Panzerwerfer42 wrote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> There was a bug in CMBO, not sure about BB that caused all buildings on a map to blow up at the same time. I think the trigger was an aircraft attack but I don't really remember the details of it.

Unfortunately, the bug's still there in CMBB. I was playing a PBEM game when one of my Russian planes swooped down to attack a German AFV. Simultaneously, every small and medium building on the map suddenly exploded, and the few remaining large buildings looked like they took damage.

Luckily we didn't have units in the buildings, but this could have wrecked the whole game if one side or the other suddenly took a lot of casualties from roofs falling in. We can send the file to BFC if they want to look into it. </font>