Strategies Tips & Tricks

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere on this site were all the strategy/tips and tricks posts are kept in one place..i have looked and all i can see is excellent posts about the above then followed by dozens of other posts agreeing or disagreeing with the author... i just want to print off the authors posts only....not every tom dick and harry's ..no offence

As many first posts in a thread are questions, you might have to look thru several posts to find the best answers. Often it takes a discussion to find the ultimate answer - which is spread across several posts of that discussion. Rather seldom somebody sums up the answer in one post (excpet for JasonC. But reading one post of him might take longer than reading whole threads ;) )

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Joachim:

As many first posts in a thread are questions, you might have to look thru several posts to find the best answers. Often it takes a discussion to find the ultimate answer - which is spread across several posts of that discussion. Rather seldom somebody sums up the answer in one post (excpet for JasonC. But reading one post of him might take longer than reading whole threads ;) )

Gruß

Joachim

cheers

Because there are so many facets to playing well I think it is almost an art rather than a thing mastered from reading. Reading the assembled wisdom is very important but you have to have a feel that can only come from practice.

Things such as speed of various tanks, terrain effects, rate of fire, morale, bonuses etc are all part of the total package. As in real war experience is invaluable. That is what makes the game so great - it is a learning curve but one where you can have a lot of fun on the way. : )

Bear in mind that you learn more from your defeats than from your victories - thats my excuse : )

Originally posted by para:

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere on this site were all the strategy/tips and tricks posts are kept in one place..i have looked and all i can see is excellent posts about the above then followed by dozens of other posts agreeing or disagreeing with the author... i just want to print off the authors posts only....not every tom dick and harry's ..no offence

I'm planning to start up a Wiki, where we can collect good stuff.

But I don't know if there is any interest to wite in it.

I put out a poll at the CMdb pages to see if there is any interest, but now it seems pretty low..

Hey, I just found that CMdb today because of a post in the CMMC2 forums. I then found your poll and answered in the positive. Is it a lot of work to start up a wiki? Personally I like the wiki concept very much and I think it might grow into something very useful. We do lots of people who like to contribute in the community and there are still many questions about info on tactics and the like. A wiki would also be a good place to collect all the links related to CM, WWII, maps and other scenario creation stuff. I say go for it! smile.gif

I started working with it tonight.

The good thing about a Wiki is that the members

totaly decides how it will look and evolve.

If someone wants to make a page about tactics, he/she only makes an internal link and start the tactics section. The same goes for history, rants, thoughts or whatever the members decide.

All pages are editble to members and they can also create new ones.

So, I guess it will go public next week.

And hopefully many CM players will visit and share their experiences in it. smile.gif