The best scenarios and ops!

Hi guys,

Tell me of the five scenarios and three operations you think are the best in CMBB. I have not yet played all, but personally I like :

SCNEARIOS :

1. Jaegermeister (Germans ROCK!!!)

2. Directive no. 3 (Interesting)

3. Pride of the Luftwaffe (It's big and it MAKES YOU thin)*

4. Balkovzy Surprise (Loved it)

5. Battle of the Minors (Umm, it's kinda OK, got into the list because I only have played so many scens)

Also 3. *Once a King - Loved it!! I got a draw out!

OPS : Played none!

Your turn!

Originally posted by bump:

oh my god you are so queer monwar...

judging from that last post id say your pretty much a stupid faggot redface.gif:D

Heh, it's only your second post and you're already trolling! Wow!

Now, I understand that it wasn't actually an 'enlightened' topic. I just asked for ppl's opinion. But will you kindly oblige me by saying what makes you think it is soooo stupid, pls?!

And pls, refrain from using words such as 'stupid faggot' unless you want me to use some sweet words too!

tough question, played so many...

I really liked the B&T scenario "Ghetto Uprising" I thought it was an great take on the warsaw ghetto uprising. I'm majoring in holocaust studies, so it impacted me pretty hard. Also, I won as the "Allies" against the Germans in PBEM.

That 5th SS scenario at the depot is excellent for solo-play.

Originally posted by Yggdrasill:

Can't remember the names of more than two, but I am currently playing the Barbarossa operation, which is really interesting. I'm in the second battle of 5.

Our Backs to the Volga is a GREAT battle. Very tough for both sides, it's a bloody primer on urban warfare.

I still dare not play Ops via PBEMs as I think they would take a looong time. But Barbarossa, from reading the briefings, does look quite interesting.

I have heard so much about Our Backs to the Volga. I think I need to try it out!!

Look for the Gebirgsjäger Pack operations, there are 5 I think. They are not very large physically and overall length is not any longer than a long scenario (like, 4 x 20 turns = 80 minute game in toto). This makes them very nice for PBEM. I and others highly recommend! Other short operations are likewise worth trying.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Look for the Gebirgsjäger Pack operations, there are 5 I think. They are not very large physically and overall length is not any longer than a long scenario (like, 4 x 20 turns = 80 minute game in toto). This makes them very nice for PBEM. I and others highly recommend! Other short operations are likewise worth trying.

Can you provide any links Sergei? Does it feature the SS Gerbirgsjaegerkorps?

Originally posted by Monwar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yggdrasill:

Can't remember the names of more than two, but I am currently playing the Barbarossa operation, which is really interesting. I'm in the second battle of 5.

Our Backs to the Volga is a GREAT battle. Very tough for both sides, it's a bloody primer on urban warfare.

I still dare not play Ops via PBEMs as I think they would take a looong time. But Barbarossa, from reading the briefings, does look quite interesting.

I have heard so much about Our Backs to the Volga. I think I need to try it out!! </font>

There are usually many scenarios i like but so far, i'd only name a single scenario, which gave me a beautiful map, unpredictable enemy behaviour, a very interesting topic and excellent action:

10th SS Breakout (played the Germans PBEM).

The highly acclaimed scenario 'Ghosts of Radziechov' looked promising, but in the retrospective, i don't find it very exciting (played as german defender).

Ofcourse it's a good scenario, but i simply can't understand the hype about it.

I'll second (or third) "Our Backs to the Volga". "Fall Blau" was also a lot of fun. Those are my two all time favorites.

That said, I'd also highly rate playing custom maps with handpicked troops, armor and rarity restrictions. I've really been getting into this lately and I've had some of my best pbems yet. It's always a real slaughter house esp. if you do mid war combined arms: lots of smg squads, pioneers and mortars. Or tank destroyers if you're sneaky. ;)