Embedded zooks or independent?

I simply think that the original writer should have qualified his remarks : what size map, type of terrain, force size. etc

I can only imagine we are talking small maps as otherwise getting bazooka teams to a threatened area might be too long. On the face of it I do not like his idea. Guarding flanks against marauding armour fine but on a small map keeping them behind the infanty but not too far away would be preferable.

It totally varies with the situation. Almost all AT does. You could list a billion possibilities on how to use bazookas.

I personally use my bazookas as a seperate entity and no HQ contact unless the map is unbelievably small. Same with shrecks. Lack of HQ makes me luck incredibly thin though, i've had more luck using American rifle grenades versus tanks than actual 'zooketry

I like to keep my AT guys close behind my platoons, and I utilize them as if it were a lmg squad except to hit armor instead of troops.

Although, I do find it difficult to use the AT guys effectively, most of the time they die without dealing any damage. Regular infantry seems to kill armor at a much higher frequency than do my AT troops ('zooks, tank hunters, ect). It is just getting the armor to come close enough that is the trick.

I've had quite a lot of success with embedding my zooks/fausts with squads. I find that on medium maps or above (and often on small maps too) it helps to have AT assets spread around all your units, just in case a tank pops up. I think the main trick is to realise that they can't really make dashes for the tank, or indeed move anywhere near it - they've got to ambush when the other player doesn't expect it. When this happens, you're bound to do some damage.

Also, regular squads don't always have the AT assets earlier in the war, so later in the war zooks/fausts become less important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...