Tactics with M10s

No, Neutrino, for WW2 rounds you cannot just take angled armor thickness as the line-of-sight thickness, by applying sin/cosine.

Just study the penetration values given for the different angles for AP shots in CM.

This is why the CMBB 75mm L/48 only penetrates 59 millimeters at 60 degrees, and 51mm in CMAK. And fails against the M10.

I don't trust the CMAK values for some German guns until somebody tells me where the differences to the CMBB values comes from, the angle effects and zero degree penetration are pretty extreme for 75mm L/48 and L/70.

But however that might be, the M10 is very strong in CMAK because the German guns suffer badly from the high angle and the armor model gives the M10 a good angle and thickness, always. And yes, it is stronger than a Panther turret which IMHO is a little out of line with reality.

No, Neutrino, for WW2 rounds you cannot just take angled armor thickness as the line-of-sight thickness, by applying sin/cosine.
Hmmm, I will quote myself.

The effectivness of this armor should be a bit more then 80.5mm since it is sloped.
That should answer your question. I did make a small mistake in that I used sin instead of cos for the calculation. I will edit that mistake, so I don't give the wrong impression.

As for the situation at hand, we are given (at 1000m) values for 0, 30, and 60 degrees for penetration that are 116, 91, and 43 millimeters respectivly. We can change these to actual thickness values, which give 116, 105, and 86 millimeters. Extrapolating the curve linearly (a decent approximation in this case) for 45 degrees gives an actual thinkness penetration of 96.5mm compared to the actual armor thickness of 80.5mm. That means that there is a ~50 degree arc in front of the M10 turret that the 75mmL/48 should have a very good chance of penetrating.