Unit status

What I meant to suggest as an example is that when a squad dismounts from a h/t of tank under fire that they would scatter and be ineffective for a while. But when they got their s together they would not be labeled "!". I agree that more unit status conditions arent needed but that a "scatterd" or "disorganized" status could be used inplace of one of the existing unit status codes.?? poppy

There's been a few discussions in the past on morale and veterans.

The gist of it is that after a certain period in the fight, experienced soldiers are more likely to take flight or be pinned. Equally, they'll dig better holes and won't bunch so much, so they're harder to kill.

Troops new to the action typically have a higher tolerance to casualties and enemy fire.

Originally posted by Poppy:

I guess that Im used to CMBO infantry. CMAK is taking some gettin used to. poppy

You'll get used to it. It's best to try and think of them as real human beings, and consequentially think what you would do in their shoes. CMAK infantry are perfectly capable of being as heroic as CMBO's though... it's just that in order to be a good commander you need to use a little psychology to try to understand their mind.

The "!" with vets means "have lost faith in their CO". They are not broken after receiving lots of incoming that could have got them killed. They just know that the CO has screwed up once, doesn't care for their lives and hence will question any further command he gives.

Gruß

Joachim