depleted squds between battles

Ok lets say I have all full strength squads at the beginning of the battle (of an operation) - at

the end of the battle all my squads are still 100%

except 1 squad which was badly hit and only has

1 person remaining. In the usual case where there are other hurt squads, - the badly hit one gets assimilated into them. But in this case with no other hurt squads, what happens to the badly hit one for the next battle - does it disappear or get more soldiers?

Conan

They don't disappear, they get absorbed into other squads (along with the weapon they're carrying). That's how you can get 3 lmg german infantry squads. You might even be able to geta 4lmg squad though I've never seen that happen. 3 lmg squads kick out some serious 100-150m firepower.

xerxes,

Well i'm trying to figure out what happens

if all your other squads are a full manpower and you only have one squad which is depleted...there isn't anywhere for the depleted squad to get absorbed to (unless it is assumed it gets sent back for rest and refit (which if I were the lone survivor of a squad I'd welcome heartily)).

Conan