Okay, so the russian stuff really sucks in game?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by XOskeletal:

I'm playing my first PBEM with russians right now and am loving them.

I'm only at turn 3, but look at what a vodka soaked half track driver can get accomplished, lol.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7440527382387776/xovsshadow_12_/

Brilliant!! Order of Lenin all round for those guys. I bey your oppo was well PO!!

Cheers fur noo

George

Glad you like the movie, I almost pissed myself laughing when the halftrack made it all the way. $308 Jagdtiger disabled by a $12 unit, lol.

Well it was funny until the Luftwaffe showed up :(

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

What grass mod is that?

OSFOPENGROUND is the file name of the grass mod I use, by Nils Eikelenboom.

RS Colonel 131st,

May I respectfully suggest that you have JasonC E-mail you his Russian Training scenarios as described in his thread of that name? He's put together a series of combat tutorials, in increasing difficulty and complexity, designed to teach the proper and effective use of the Russians in CMBB. Moreover, he's offered to use that thread or private E-mail to answer questions and offer solutions. This might go a long way toward helping you get a handle on your Russian woes. Initial user feedback has been positive, and I just requested the scenario set myself. My in-game experience consists of leading a Russian combined arms attack during Beta Demo and having recently won A Warm Place to Sleep as the Russians. Other than that, I've dabbled a bit in order to investigate Katyusha performance in the game vs. armor. I can tell you from that limited experience and from eleven plus years analyzing their then modern successors, the Russians think about and do things differently.

Failure to understand this and doing things, say, the way the Germans would, can and will get you killed. BTW, we demolished the German defense in the Beta Demo game and tore right through their lines. Why suffer through a near vertical learning curve on your end when expert help is at hand?

Regards,

John Kettler