Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

HEY, GORDON OR FERNANDO!

Huh! You know I am wondering if it was because I bought it at Comp USA and wasn't supposed to be able to? At that time, about Nov 2002, CDV wasn't supposed to be selling in North America and somehow a bunch of games ended up here. It was called Combat Mission 2 on the box, not Barbarossa. It could've been because of that. They had to edit stuff for the Euro release because of Germany's laws. Funny they sell it revised like that now. Anyways, I remember BFC wasn't happy about it!

I ended up selling it on Ebay and have been wanting to get the BF version every since.

That set didn't come with the big honkin' maunals did it?

Mord.

The Anthology version is not censored anymore? Can only be the case for the non-German versions, because everything else IS illegal in Germany and CDV would be in trouble...

But, interesting enough, it's possible to 'unlock' the stuff for the original CDV version of CMAK - you just have to install the English patch. I found it out when accidentally applying the wrong patch at my last reinstall. Doesn't work with CMBB, though.

I'm sure CDV has a different distribution house here in the US, hence the seemingly uncensored versions over here.

Question: Did CM ever refer to SS units as “Waffen SS” outside of CMBO? Because I always remembered descriptions like: ’44 SS Rifle Squad, or ’42 SS Artillery Spotter. I don’t remember “Waffen” ever being used. Didn’t the censored CDVs simply replace “SS” with “Grenadier”?

Yeah, the censored CDV versions replaced SS with Grenadier.

The unit selection is different in CMAK (don't know about CMBB), it goes Army, Nation, Division...as opposed to CMBO, where it's just Army and Force. So that may have had something to do with it, why, I couldn't say though.

Mord.

Didn't knoe that CDV published in the US, too... But I still think it has something to do with the fact that non-German versions of the game are unrestricted and therefore a non-German patch would just change it back since the associated files for storing that information are usually changed/updated.