RobO's great campaign generator

Hi guys,

I have got all the CM games and have enjoyed the different challenges each one presents.

My preference is for operations and I have played all of these to death. So CM was put aside while I looked for other challenges in other war games.

Then I discovered RobO's Quick Campaign generator ( through browsing this board). This is an outstanding addition to the CM series.

Using ROQC has breathed new life into the games.The campaigns are challenging and varied. And they make you really care, and be careful, for the fate of your core units as you progress form battle to battle.

I use the printed charts for the bookkeeping so RobO please continue to update your charts as you update the rules.

I currently am attempting to guide a LW infantry company through the campaign in Southern Russia. Not an easy task but a lot of fun !

I would definitely recommend ROQC to anybody with an interest in operations or campaigns.

And many, many thanks to RobO for all of his work

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D 39battalion, what can I say :D

I couldn't (and wouldn't) have said it better myself.

You're in luck, I'm working on an update of the printed charts right now. Drop me an email and I'll notify you when it's ready. It's scheduled to go out in a beta release for a week or so before becoming official, and your input would be much appreciated.

I would also like to comment on the awesomeness of ROQC. I just finished setting up my first battle; I'm in command of a platoon of green Strumgeschutz III B in June, 1941. For support, I have 2 platoons of light infantry (green), 1 platoon of Pioneers (green), 1 platoon of Pz IIIH (green) 2 LMGs, a few halftracks, and an 81mm FO (all green). The mission is a routine probe into a small town.

I managed to squeeze in a few turns before work today (what the crap kind of shift is 5-8 pm?) and managed to lose 2 halftracks to a metric ton of AT guns scattered across the rear of the map. The good news is, I think I may have knocked out a few of the guns with a mortar barrage.

Anywho, thanks RobO for the splendid work you have done. I am counting the hours until I get home and take out those damn'd AT guns.

I'm sorry to sound like a moron, but I went to the ROQC website and I'm a little unclear how this thing works. Do I have to 'mod' my version of CMBB in order to get this thing to work? Or, do we just play battles against the AI and after a set number of battles we then, somehow, determine an overall score.

Thanks for any help you can give me. This sounds like something I would be very interested in!

adam

Well I finally managed to lay my hands on a copy of MS Excel and use it with RobO's campaign generator.

This takes the campaigns to another level as it greatly reduces the book-keeping time. The printed forms are fine and not difficult to use but the Excel spread sheet saves a lot of time. And it is easy to use !

I do recommend using the spreadsheet as it demonstrates the true elegance of RobO's design.

BTW my original LW infrantry company was wiped out in southern Russia. I now have an SS infantry company in northern Russia which is doing better.

Good gaming !

RobO,

All I can say is, "Outstanding!". This was exactly what I needed to really get into CMBB and CMAK. The more I play with ROQC, the more I realize the amount of detail (read - "work") that you put into it.

I am new to this board (and the games) but I just had to post some kudos.

P.S. - The only issue that I have is that for some reason the rank line selections on the right will not cut and paste into the Excel spreadsheet properly. I get an error message. Is there a fix for this that I can implement?

Originally posted by SargeFry71:

The only issue that I have is that for some reason the rank line selections on the right will not cut and paste into the Excel spreadsheet properly. I get an error message. Is there a fix for this that I can implement?

Yes, there is: Don't copy/paste, use formula/assignment instead. Go to the destination cell, type = and click on the rank you want.

And thanks for the praise smile.gif

• 1 year later...