I recently selected an SU-76i just to check out the difference between it and the SU-76m. It looked just like a green STUG III???

Is this right?

I expected something more along the lines of the open-topped SU-76 that is seen in the SU-76m.

Are my BMP files messed up?

- Also -

I recently downloaded a mod made by Mr. Noobie which was a dirty SU-76. I applied the mod but am unable to see the results because I'm not quite sure what vehicle to select in order to take a gander. The mod looked great in the photo provided, I just can't pull it up.

I know one of you guys will know what's going on and be able to set me straight on this one.

Thanks for any responses that may clear up my confusion.

Nevermind about the SU-76i looking like a green STUG III. I just found a great webpage explaining all about this vehicle. I guess that is what the thing was, a captured STUG III re-fitted with a Russian gun.

I still would appreciate any response in being able to pull up the Mr. Noobie mod though.

Thanks All!

Just checked:

MrNoobie's mod covers the early Su-76 which only available 2/43 to 3/43.

But you can easily transfer this mod into a Su-76m variant by simply renumbering the files

e.g. '7140.bmp' becomes '8200.bmp' and so on

Marcus

[ August 15, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

In the book: "Soviet Blitzkrieg" by Walter Dunn, the author deals with this vehicle. Note that my book is NOT with me (being stored back in the 'states) so I cannot give you page references, only drawing upon memory. What stood out most was his reference to the usage of SU76(i)

during Operation Bagration. The author states that these were used in some numbers. This was the first detailed (more than one paragraph) info I had ever stumbled across regarding this obscure AFV. In my SL/ASL days this was the only AFV that I NEVER got to use in twenty-two years of playing that excellent game (I have since given up "pushing cardboard", now I solely play PC games). Consequently, uncovering ANY info about the SU 76(i)gets my attention. Conversely, the very good website linked above does not mention this at all. Once again, different sources give out different--and often--conflicting info. :rolleyes:

Irrespective of its usage, what stands out most about the SU 76(i) in CM is: 1) its absence--anyone have a scenario with it? 2) CM gave it scant attention and just used the captured Stug bmps. :mad: The info screen does depict this as a SU 76(i) however.

Thus armed with the excellent photos from the weblink already mentioned, THIS AFV could use a total redo, but, since it is so rare is it worth the effort? Maybe, after all, a few modders modded the T-34/57 am I am STILL looking for a scenario that has this tank.

I guess I am fixated on this AFV because I have NEVER used one in any wargame. smile.gif