Question: Bogging => Immobile

Does immobile mean that the halftrack can no longer move (thrown track etc..) for the rest of the battle? Can the crew ever get the vehicle moving again?
As far as im aware it does stay immobile for the remainder of that battle jeremy ,as far as im aware .Once it is bogged however its still possible for it to free itself.

cheers

J Lad

Originally posted by JeremyCupit:

Just a quick question...

In a recent battle in damp conditions, I had a halftrack bog!!! After a couple of turns the staus changed to immobile.

Does immobile mean that the halftrack can no longer move (thrown track etc..) for the rest of the battle? Can the crew ever get the vehicle moving again?

Thx,

Jeremy

As long as the vehicle is not immobile you still have a chance to get out of the mud. For example by deleting the original movement path and trying to reverse instead. Once your vehicle is in immobile status it won´t move again.

Nolloff

What do you guys think is the best strategy to get bogged vehicles going again. I usually cancel all movement orders given and order it to reverse a very short distance. After that I face up to the situation and try to get past the same spot again. This because I'm a believer of "a shell never lands in a crater created by another shell, so my vehicle won't bog at exactely the same spot.

Mies

In my experience it don t matter i always used to try reversing but sometimes got bogged anywa,so now i just leave it to the ai i mean they don t want to get bogged do they???lol

I only go where i think theres a possiblity of bogging if i have to stick to places you know you won t bog or try to make the oppisition use the "boggy areas"

After all if a vehicle becomes bogged and the opponent knows where it is it s next to useless.

Regards

J Lad