Embarassingly basic question about CMBB flags

Just to be a little clearer, the four bmp's that I mentioned are a pair of VL flags of identical sizes (before modding, that is), and a pair of unit id flags.

I suppose one could always substitute something garish for one of them, open up a lot of scenarios, and see if one flag shows up at the expense of the other.

My original hunch was that one was supposed to be a partisan flag, but I'm probably wrong. I haven't poked around in the editor yet to see what choices are available. That might give a clue.

I can't aswer this one, but I noticed while modding interfaces (CMBO, CMBB , I am doing CMAK's now) that some bmps simply seems to be unused.

I have found a "recon" order in the original CMBO Order Panel, and there are some weapons on the weapon racks that are apparently unused in CMAK as well (PPSH smg, Tokarev Pistol, etc).

I figured that maybe part of these unused bmps where left there in the initial release for possible usage in later patches and where finally dropped altogether. The partisan idea isn't bad, and maybe BFC decided to leave the door open to Red army vs. Partisan fight, although I cannot see if this ever happened...

Cheers

[ October 20, 2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Tarkus ]

Originally posted by Philippe:

I suppose one could always substitute something garish for one of them, open up a lot of scenarios, and see if one flag shows up at the expense of the other.

I know I tried that when I was working on a flag mod. One of the soviet flag slots never shows up in the game as far as I could tell. Don't remember which one it was though.

Originally posted by Philippe:

Thanks, Michael. Did you use a different flag for partisans ?

Yeh - a Russian one (brown background, white square with LOCATION on it and a red nationality star central) with the word PARTISAN superimposed on it...but you can pick any design you want.

COME AND TAKE IT with a picture of the Brest-Litovsk citadel or somefink....