Embarking Oddity

Originally posted by Vossiewulf:

Good thought Spotless, but he's radio. I just checked again to be sure. He's identical to the other 82mm observer in the scenario, that embarks without complaint.

IIRC this was mentioned before as a bug. IIRC there are other radio FOs that are wire FOs.

Gruß

Joachim

• 1 month later...

Reviving- I'm playing a scenario where I just received a bunch of artillery observers as reinforcements. They have plenty of transport available (251/1), but most of them won't embark, even though the tracks are empty and we're talking two-man teams.

Will embark:

4 x 81mm (radio)

2 X 105mm (radio)

1 X 150mm (radio)

Won't embark:

2 X 75mm (radio)

1 X 81mm (radio)

2 X 120mm (radio)

1 X 210mm (radio)

Help would be appreciated;)

Originally posted by Vossiewulf:

Interesting...you're right Flamingknives, they are both 82mm Mortar Spotter (Radio), but one is labeled speed class Medium, the other is Slow.

The Slow one won't embark.

Only radio-carrying spotters are medium speed, only cable-carrying spotters are slow. Are you absolutely, positively sure that it really says 'radio' in the unit screen for the slow spotter? Otherwise it would have to be a bug or a mislabelled unit - in which case, what date is it, how many tubes does the battery have (4, 6, 9)?

Yes, the designer returns to admit that he is, in fact, a retard. Sigh.

I know I checked that when I originally allocated them. I know I rechecked it in the game before posting here. Upon further examination, it turns out that "knowing" in this case was applied VERY liberally.

Thank you Sergei smile.gif

Well. That throws a crimp in my plans for using heavy-caliber arty in a meeting engagement (even if it isn't realistic it can still be entertaining)