Why dont battlefront be like the rest of the world and use gamespy for muliplayer?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Manstein22

Hi ASHBERY76

Your member number shows me u are in this forum not the first time

I would rather play the peiper84 of the world than some of the arrogant people in this forum.
Is this your impression of the people in this forum?

In the early days of computer gaming people on the few fora were nice and polite, they were informed and shared there knowledge with others.

This is exactly what I find here and that`s what makes me look around and read even stuff like the Peng even if my English is way beyond understanding what all that means.

On Gamespy are those people who are knowing nothing and of that a lot. Otherwise the game industry wouldn`t be able to produce games which they call ultra realistic and then.... what are these? Pure chunk

I tell u you can learn a lot from people here like history and even physics and by crossing the sword with those people u will even learn decent tactics

Best whishes

Manstein22

Guest Manstein22

Hi Vergeltungswaffe

wHooow that was great for my ego.

In fact I thought there is no need for more of my maps. I made a new map for a winter operation near NaroFominsk which is as accurate as possible, a map from a place at Charkov and some more which are not yet ready.

What do u think about uploading them to the Scenario Depot. I mean maybe some more people are interested in those maps.

Anyway I send u the operation when I`m back home. If u are so kind and test it a little bit

Manstein22

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WWB:

I wonder how many players were turned off from TCP play because they could not figure out how to connect?

WWB

With all due respect - again - if punching in twelve digits is too mentally taxing, then you're probably too stupid to play CM. Or own a credit card. :rolleyes: </font>

Guest Manstein22

Hi Vergeltungswaffe and Konstantine

I uploaded some maps to CMMODS.com and I will upload my BCR maps later.At the Scenario Depot I have to be more specific about the kind of map I submit so that will take some time.

Manstein22

Originally posted by WWB:

This becomes a bigger issue once we get to CMX2 with multiplayer capability. This will presumably lead to some sort of client-server model of connectivity. Keeping IPs and such straight amongst 2 people is painful enough. Amongst 4, 8 or even 16 it could be nightmarish.

Actually it would still be the same. Every TCP/IP game works with host/client model, just in two player games there is only one client. All clients, no matter if there are 1 or 255, connect to the host's IP address.

In my experience, anyway.

Gamespy? for this? haha

Gamespy is more geared towards the younger crowd. i cant see kids playing this game. and anyway, its filled with issues and bugs as everyone here seems to point out. Gamespy is also filled with spyware, that is true. This game jsut doesnt belong on gamespy at all.