Why dont battlefront be like the rest of the world and use gamespy for muliplayer?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ASHBERY76:

Yeah try playing BF1942 without gamepsy,good luck finding enough people.That's the problem CM mutliplayer is a hassle finding people to play, while in gamespy it would take 5 secs.

Well, have you tried the 'opponent finder' forum? What about the list of places to find gamers available in the FAQ? Have you READ the FAQ?

I use GSpy for games such as BF1942 where's it great, you can sort servers, make a favorites list, search for buddies, keep a running ping on servers, and a new feature I noticed, if a server is full it will keep trying to connect you every x seconds waiting for someone to drop out. I purchased it years ago, and with the paid version Ad-Aware and Spybot both have never detected any spyware with it. I don't know about the free version.

Now, with CM, it's different. As suggested, it's head to head play only, so why do you need all those features? In fact, it wouldn't work properly, unless there's a number of people out there with a setup running just hoping that someone connects to them? Use the opponent finder forum, join a ladder, and post a profile on The Proving Grounds (there's an opponent finder forum there as well).

Originally posted by ASHBERY76:

In gamespy you press login, now that's what you call an efficient multiplaying system.

Look, Gamespy might work for hectic action games where people pop in and out constantly. In CM, it might take half an hour just to set up a game between two players. You'll have to agree on numerous attributes, and possible "non-kosher" tactics. And then you're supposed to be involved in the game for an amount of time that can easily be over three hours.

Are you going to select a completely anonymous person for this task, without any guarantee that he/she will complete the match? Think not. The point is that CM isn't your instant deathmatch.

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ASHBERY76:

Yeah try playing BF1942 without gamepsy,good luck finding enough people.That's the problem CM mutliplayer is a hassle finding people to play, while in gamespy it would take 5 secs.

Well, have you tried the 'opponent finder' forum? What about the list of places to find gamers available in the FAQ? Have you READ the FAQ? </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The joy of PBEM is a little human contact; some interaction, preferably with someone of one's own interests and with interesting experiences to relate during the play of the game. It's a way of being social.

Good point. One of the best things about CM isn't the game... its the people. CM has made the world a very small place for me. By that I mean there aren't many places I could go where I couldn't hook up with someone I've met through CM

The joy of PBEM is a little human contact; some interaction, preferably with someone of one's own interests and with interesting experiences to relate during the play of the game. It's a way of being social.

Yup. Heck, why do you think cliques like the MBT or that OTHER thread developed?

Steve

Good point. One of the best things about CM isn't the game... its the people. CM has made the world a very small place for me.
This speaks for me also. Playing against different people is great, but I also like having a small core of guys that can be relied upon to give me good, honest, games. I've gotten to know some of these folks rather well, which makes gaming even more fun for me.

Not to be rude, but presenting yourself as intelligent goes a long way to helping with that. Capitalization, spelling, grammar...kind of good ways to show someone you're smart enough to turn on a computer and challenge them in a game of CM.

Pressing a button to find some anonymous loser with a cute handle like JOACHIMPEIPER1984 kind of belies the entire point of PBEM for most of the more mature players here. [/QB]

I would rather play the peiper84 of the world than some of the arrogant people in this forum.

All the more reason for gamespy if you ever want this game to taken serious by the majority, and not by the arrogant few who reside here.

taken serious by the majority,
Who might that majority be? It seems there are quite a few people playing now.

Not every game is for everyone. Just because many of us choose not to use Gamespy shouldn't bother you in anyway. If you like it, cool. You asked a question, and got responses. What did you expect?

Hey you. Keep your flames limited to forums where you normally hang out. Here, if you ask a question, it is assumed you are sincerely looking for an answer. Maybe you should have written your post like this:

Battlefront is so stupid for not using GameSpy. Obviously, anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. Agree with me or you are stupid(and arrogant). Battlefront had better change this.

That's what you really meant, isn't it?