Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Quickest way to copy original wav and bmp from disk?

I presume (seeing as you cannot access the wav and bmp files on the disc, only the installer), the quickest and easiest way to do this is to do a full install of the game to another directory and delete everything except the wav and bmp folders?

I'd like to have the full sets of originals to hand in case I want to restore them. Not sure if doing this will corrupt anything with the game already installed, shouldn't should it?

[ February 21, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

After doing a full CMBB install (after getting a new PC) I backed up my BMP folder to CD (zipped) and have had no problem using it to restore individual BMP's when I have needed to. This was primarily due to the number of mods that were/are around that didnt use CMMOS.

..... I've not tried the same for WAV files but think it will work the same.

lou2000

Good thought. I've just re-installed whole of CMBB (deleting all mods, even though they are in a 'mods in use' folder so will be easy to put back in). Think I'll do a straight 'Orig' file of both in the CMBB folder. Disc intensive maybe but I've got little else on my PC anyway.

All started because of the Winter Leaves thread (thought either I or cmmos had cocked it up) and because a winterised Pz 38 t G turned up with a grey hull??? Not sure what happened there.

Think I might wait for another full winterised set to come out before I do Axis again. Mr Noobs Soviet stuff looks excellent but some of the CMMOS Greay Winterised looks a little plain. I know Gordon was in a rush to get at least a basic set up for people to use. Just a shame he isn't still modding his more advanced stuff. The yellow 'Kit' looks fine though.