After CMAK...WWI?

Originally posted by Snow Leopard:

Do you think WWI are just most action will be fight between tenches and artillary firing each other? Will it be difficult to create some scenario that will have most movements than just stay in tenaches at no man lands? :(

Me not understanding. :confused:

At the start of the war it was quite mobile as the German advance carried them forward but things started to bog down in 1915 and positional warfare like you mentioned started.

I doubt that the BFC guys would do a WW1 game, even though it would be interesting, but I think a bit limited in it's scope. Most assault missions would end up in massive defeats for the attackers and I doubt chemical weapons would feature even though they were brought to bear for the first time in warfare.

Personally I would love to see either a WW1 game or American Civil War but that is up to the developers as they have to dedicate the next year or so of there lives to it and if they are not passionate about it, we, the gamers suffer in the end.

I meself would like to see the american indian wars, between tribes or between whites and reds. But actually give the indians a fighting chance. Or perhaps a game set in the tone of age of empires , except with the realism that only battlefront can do. The barbarians, huns, roman empire and what ever else falls in the catergory. But if we must have lots of guns, hows about a futureistic WWIII. With all the super powers at the top of their game. But most of all I would love to see the pacific battles, which I know they do not want to do. I guess it really doesn't matter, as long as we get to shoot something

Originally posted by kingjames:

I meself would like to see the american indian wars, between tribes or between whites and reds.....

Since I am Texan, I may like to see war between Texas and Mexican with famous "Remember the Alamo" operation scenario then between US and Mexican again between US and Spanish with war yell "Remember the Maine". We now know that USS Maine wasn't sunk by spanish mine but fine coal dust cause blew it up by heat of boiler.

Maybe go for Spainsh's 1936 civil war first then WWI then any famous war like US civil war...oh I don't think CFS don't want do narrow focus on american stuff but want do whole whole world war...HEY, how about "Boar war" as it is very serious case effect on World a lot. How about Boar war?

• 2 weeks later...

Now without drastic changes in the engine,but with different graphics could be possible:

A-Napoleonic European wars.

B-Independence American wars.

1-in the era of the "Rifles" the top range of artillery in this era was 1800 meters (with the most heavy artillery of 12 pounds).Not exist the "indirect fire" of artillery.

2-There was not tanks or air units. But the range of artillery in Napoleonic era done a new opportunity for those beauty ships and interesting close Naval battles as Trafalgar,etc.

3-There was Tactics very interesting (as the infantry with moving in a combination of columns,lines,squares or the cavalry with their charges , or when dismount and fight . With a lot of units and formations.

4-A lot of famous Battles and Campaigns:Austerlitz,Aspen,Wagram,Borodino,Leipzig,Jena,Bailen,Waterloo,etc...Italy,Egipt,etc..

Napoleonic wars , with a WE-GO system could be very interesting for a lot of people I think. In fact there are a lot of games now (RTS) and in the past (Hexes) that tried (only try ;) ,Combat Mission can do it :cool: ) to remember those battles.

Battle%20of%20Trafalgar.jpg

in10route.jpg

dhm1132.jpg

dhm_898_small.jpg

dhm_314_small.jpg

[ February 24, 2004, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Halberdiers ]

Interesting you should bring this up. The year before last I did a great deal of investigation into creating a Napoleonic game, including running the idea past Battlefront. Their research shows that the next most popular eras, in oder of preference, are Modern day conflicts, Vietnam and Civil War. (I think I may have hooked them up with Nafziger who was working with me on this.)

I didn't have much luck finding an interested programer who was also good. But I did hash out a lot of the different elements that would go into this type of game. As far as support from Battlefront goes, it would come after the major work was done on the game. They are way too busy with what they have planned already.

One misperception that a lot of gamers have is that there is a basic program for CM that can be altered to fit different games, there is not. They have to rewrite each game, albeit with the experience gained from previous versions.

Originally posted by willbell:

Interesting you should bring this up. The year before last I did a great deal of investigation into creating a Napoleonic game, including running the idea past Battlefront. Their research shows that the next most popular eras, in oder of preference, are Modern day conflicts, Vietnam and Civil War. (I think I may have hooked them up with Nafziger who was working with me on this.)

I didn't have much luck finding an interested programer who was also good. But I did hash out a lot of the different elements that would go into this type of game. As far as support from Battlefront goes, it would come after the major work was done on the game. They are way too busy with what they have planned already.

One misperception that a lot of gamers have is that there is a basic program for CM that can be altered to fit different games, there is not. They have to rewrite each game, albeit with the experience gained from previous versions.

Ideas for games are like assholes; everybody has one.

Originally posted by PantherV:

I would like a Battle for France, Poland and Norway (maybe the Winter war). Then almost all of the war would be completely covered

I support the idea, with Belgium, Netherlands, BEF as well. Maybe early URSS-Finland war too, cause I really would like to see T-28s fighting...

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by willbell:

Ideas for games are like assholes; everybody has one. </font>

Originally posted by mrpwase:

More sophistication? I think he implied that by...er..saying it.

Maybe he wants blood! :gets garlic:

Umm by sophistication? Deeper user interface, more weapons? More troop choices? More ammo usage modelling? That sort of thing?

Don't forget the Crucifix and wooden stakes!! redface.gif

I guess by sophistication he means a deeper immersion into the game in general - i.e. even more realistic battles, more varied weapons, ammo sharing for defenders, revamped control system, perhaps slightly refined graphics (i.e. blood - GARLIC! STAKES! HELP US BRAM STOKER!), that kinda thing.