I'm proud to announce.......

the release of the Polish Campaign, a CM modification named CM FALL WEISS available at

www.cmmods.com

Instructions for Installing CM FALL WEISS :

1. Reinstall your CMBB game. When prompted for what directory to put your game in change

"Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin" to "CM FALL WEISS".

You will be prompted again for a destination change "CMBB" to "CM FALL WEISS". Let the game install.

You now have another copy of CMBB on your computer called CM FALL WEISS.

Make sure you are on version 1.03, download from BFC if you are unsure.

2. Go to the CM FALL WEISS "Scenarios" folder and delete all the scenarios.

3. Go to the following Site: http://www.cmmods.com and download the CM FALL WEISS terrain mods, and CM FALL WEISS vehicles file.

4. Extract the zipped files directly into your CM FALL WEISS folder and answer "Yes to all".

Note: The extracted zip may form it's own folder inside your CM FALL WEISS BMP folder. If it does you will need to open that folder and copy all the BMPs and paste directly into your primary CM FALL WEISS BMP folder and answer "Yes to all" when prompted.

5. On the same site you will find a CM FALL WEISS Uniforms-interface file.

If you need 1939 uniforms, Allied and German this is where to get them. Follow the instructions given in "4" above.

6. On the same site you will find a CM FALL WEISS Scenarios file. This is some Scenarios

from "The Scenarios Depot". Follow the instructions in 4 above, but extract into your

CM FALL WEISS Scenarios Folder.

7. On the same site you will find a CM FALL WEISS Wav file.

Follow the instructions in 4 above, but extract into your CM FALL WEISS Wav Folder.

8. Icon install

Step 1.

-------

Pick the icon and place it at any location on your hard drive where

it can stay undisturbed. I recommend placing it in your CM FALL WEISS folder.

Step 2.

-------

Go to your original icon in your CM FALL WEISS folder and create a shortcut of it on your

desktop (by right clicking it and dragging it onto the desktop, selecting

"create shortcut" as you release the icon).

Step 3.

-------

Right click on the shortcut on your desktop and go to: Shortcut/Change Icon/Browse.

Browse to the icon you want to use--the one you placed in your CM FALL WEISS folder or

anywhere else on your hard drive--and select that icon. Click okay, and your desktop

icon should change to the icon you have selected. You're done.

You are now done and have, in effect, a new game to play.

I would like to thank the following artists for their excellent work:

Juju-UTgt-Gurra-gyrene

MikeyD - PzIV

Eichenbaum - doodads- bridge

Undaunted - High Res Skys

AndrewTF - German & Russian Uniforms

All the scenario authors at "The Scenario Depot II" -

I did not make a single scenario (just modified)- all the credit belongs to them.

Special thanks to Hans & Mike T

I would like to thank Cm community for his encouragement and sage advice.

I Thank Battlefront team without who never we couldn've been know this game.

I hope you enjoy this Poland look as well as I have.

Normally some scenarios come to complete the existing. Don't forget the weather is summer time in september 1939 that what I replaced fall terrain by summer terrain to fit with the historical campaign.

Don't think this is a walk for the German army and look at the following board :

Panzers lost in Poland during 3 weeks.

89 Pz I

83 Pz II

7 Pz 35(t)

7 Pz 38(t)

26 Pz III

19 Pz IV

5 Pz.Bef.Wg

The mod is almost finished but I willing to give you a gift before X-mas, that's why in the next futur some vehicles will complete the game. I think that 7tp, sdkfz 231, sdkfz 251 will do nicely.

Pat

Thank you very much for your great work!

I've played around with your "Fall Weiss"-Mod for the last few hours and it's great fun!

I didn't like the open-ground grass mod though...(so I used Vossie's Open Ground-Mod instead, fits quite good).

The light grey Panzer II colour - should be much darker IMO (like your Pz III).

dudewheresmypanzergraucj6.jpg

Really, the Panzer, Panzerspäh- and Halbkettenfahrzeuge should all have the same colour - dark Panzer-Grau.

Could you please fix this someday in the future ? :)

Oh, and before I forget, great work on the polish AFVs camo!

Would be great if some scenario artists could create some historical scenarios...(most)Fall Weiss scenarios are a bit fishy at the moment...like, "Germans enter here and exit there"-briefings, with no date / unit-names...

...and why are the T-40s in "Panzerblitz Situatio JP2" not in polish camo ?

Merry Christmas to all of you !

Greetings, Hetzer.

Originally posted by Hetzer38:

Thank you very much for your great work!

I've played around with your "Fall Weiss"-Mod for the last few hours and it's great fun!

Pat : Thanks I do the mod for that ;)

I didn't like the open-ground grass mod though...(so I used Vossie's Open Ground-Mod instead, fits quite good).

Pat : I used Vossie grass mod before I decided to change for the existing in the mod, it all depends of the taste.

The light grey Panzer II colour - should be much darker IMO (like your Pz III).

Pat : You're right but I showed a dusty panzer, and I've chosen Panzer IIB 'cause is the only one able to simulate panzer IB roadgear in the game.(I didn't a Panzer III, I'm waiting for MikeyD early Panzer III ;) )

Really, the Panzer, Panzerspäh- and Halbkettenfahrzeuge should all have the same colour - dark Panzer-Grau.

Pat : I have some photos from Poland 39 and it's very difficult to see if they are more grey than others.

2ot23jd7.jpg

Would be great if some scenario artists could create some historical scenarios...(most)Fall Weiss scenarios are a bit fishy at the moment...like, "Germans enter here and exit there"-briefings, with no date / unit-names...

Pat : Normally, I did say Normally "Hans" would like do a mini campaign 1939 with the 1st panzer division like he did with CM 1940. I have some scenarios to release in the next.

Pat : Don't understand, I look on the game and my t40 looks like camoed. t40 & t60 share the same bmps, in the JP2 scenario you have both, are you sure you got 1.03 patch ?

Merry Christmas to all of you !

Pat : You too !

Instructions for scenario makers

All parametres must be switched on September 1941.

I changed all Fall terrain by Summer terrain, (Remember the 3 campaign weeks are Summer time in 1939 and due to the limitation of the BFC parametres(I think it's a bug 'cause Summer time goes til 21 of September)if you don't you'll get Fall season in the beginning of September,

and you cannot have AT rifle and TKS(t60) on the Polish side.

Fall Weiss Vehicles convertion modded

Polish :BA20 as wz34, t37-38 as 4tp, (Finn Vickers E as 7tp, t26/31 as 7tp dual turret, tks as t60 & tk3 as t 40.

German : (Romanian) R2 as pz35t. Attention : (parametres switched on south)

Smallarms:

Polish : ppsh as mors

Tokarev as wz35

Mosin-nagant as K98

Degtyerev mle 28 as BAR

Maxim as Browning mle 1930

AT rifle mle 35 cal 7.92mm

Arty : mortar 81mm & 82 mm are in common use

Only Bofors 37 mm (wz 36) can be used by Finn vs Russian.

10xa8.th.jpg

75 mm

75mmxg3.th.jpg

& 100mm, 105mm Shneider, 155mm will be used by Polish forces.

Pat

Pat : I used Vossie grass mod before I decided to change for the existing in the mod, it all depends of the taste.

The main problem lies in the low resolution (1024 x 768) of my Laptop I guess, I bet your grass Mod looks much better with higher resolutions!

Pat : Don't understand, I look on the game and my t40 looks like camoed. t40 & t60 share the same bmps, in the JP2 scenario you have both, are you sure you got 1.03 patch ?

Sorry, I fumbled the installation...I installed all the "Fall Weiss" Mods, and patched afterwards to 1.03 - clearly my fault, I should have read the installation-instructions more carefully! Installed the "Fall Weiss" bmps again, and now it works just fine !

Looking superb right now!

Sorry to repeat myself, but the camo on the polish AFVs just looking great!

Thank you very much Pat! :)

I'm researching more info about "Fall Weiss" - maybe I find useful informations for more scenarios / etc.

And I'll post some 1939 dunkelgrau Panzer II photos later ! ;)

Greetings, Hetzer.

In late 1939, OKH decided to use only the dark (panzer) grey (RAL 7021) and by mid 1940, it was the only colour used, as it was factory applied.
[AchtungPanzer]

ral7021fd9.png

Here are some photos of Panzerkampfwagen I & II, 1939 :

pzkpfwiibdb0.th.png pz1a1939nl9.th.jpg pzicx6.th.png

warsawsiege4ih8.th.jpg warsawts8.th.jpg pziiud3.th.png

Below is a colour photo (most probably coloured b&w photo) of a Panzer II (1940 ?, to get an impression how dark RAL 7021 was:

panzeriizumangriffwl0.jpg

...of course they won't look that dark with a ton of dust on top - but I still think your Panzer I / II needs to be darker. :)

Greetings, Hetzer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

patboy,

Here's a link to the official German Polish Campaign book. Found it while researching Edelweiss patches for Teutonicc.

http://www.germaniainternational.com/army11.html

Polish Campaign pictorial (Wehr 16-3)

http://www.germaniainternational.com/army16.html

Regards,

John Kettler

[ April 04, 2007, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]