Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Two discoveries: one good; one disturbing

Don't know whether I missed a patch discussion or what, but a Russian pioneer unit of mine, which had both Molotovs and satchel charges, threw the satchel charge right away and KOed the AFV. ISTR long lamentations in which pioneers gave away their positions via ineffective Molotov tossing, only to be gunned down before they could throw any satchel charges. Was the problem fixed, or did I happen to catch a major break?

My other discovery is that there's a big difference in how the Cover Arc works for tanks, as opposed to halftracks. Tanks can merrily advance with their turrets covering the designated sectors, but halftracks actually turn their noses

in the assigned direction, whether while static or at the end of a move. Regrettably, this means that when ordered to move, they must first burn most of the turn to simply get back to pointing in the desired direction of advance. Would imagine this isn't true for the 250/9, which has a revolving turret.

Regards,

John Kettler

The molotov vs. demo charge issue arises because their effective ranges are different, with the molotov having about 10m longer throws than the DC placement. If you use a covered arc short enough that the DC is in range as soon as the target is within the arc (30m maximum), or the initial LOS is short enough, they will use DCs first. Just hiding will instead frequently result in molotov throws at 35m, etc.

On covered arcs for HTs, flex MGs don't really need one to "train" the gun. Yeah it'd be nice to use them for target selection, but it isn't critical the way training the turret is, because there is no modeled time delay for switching targets with a flexible MG. So just skip the arc.