The Kursk Pack

Easy....some players don't want to always fight a set piece battle, where fighting occurs on turn 2. Big map enables manuver and scouting becomes important. As for the terrain, silly me using the actual terrain. smile.gif Also setup zones are set so that after you play it as computer defaults, you can change your attack and/or defense and see if you could have done better.

Rune

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

Ligur,

Expect some scenarios heading your way. You may like "Panzers in Finland" which is historical, and I got some help by a few Finns. Will email them when I get home tonight.

Rune

Send away and I will give them a spin.

On the terrain I thought as much, that you'll be using actual maps to construct the terrain.

I also highly appreciate you giving a decent amount of time in most scenarios. Far too often I have played attacks where you have to execute a sound plan perfectly and with utmost speed to have a distant chance of getting the victory, whereas the defender can just pop a few shots now and then at his leisure.

***Update***

Jwxspoon has just e-mailed me his scenario "Ponyri Express". This comes in a single and two player version. Unfortunately, the FTP server is still down (a state of affairs that really frosts my cookies :mad: ). Therefore, if you would like this scenario please e-mail me and I will get it to you asap.

Be forewarned, this is one hell of a awesome scenario, covering several square kilometers of the northern Kursk shoulder. Better bring your A-game to this one.

AFAIK, the Boots and Tracks site is up and running, but Scott does not have access to it. Therefore, he cannot link any new scenarios to it, nor can we update the various pages. This sucks royally, since he has well over a dozen scenarios ready to go, with more piling up behind (yes, we've been busy little beavers).

Is there a solution in the works? I will answer that by quoting Sgt Schultz...I know nothing! ;)

Kingfish,

You need to tell Sulla to pull his head out and get it fixed. Guess he is too busy chapping his lips on Eric Young's butt.

How about posting them to the scenario depot or CMMODS or somefink.

I know you guys are trying to keep them separate but if your host sucks, time to move on I guess.

How about asking Matt to give B&T an area on combatmission.com?

[ July 17, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Originally posted by LynnL53:

Hi guys -- if it is going to be a while on the B&T site --I would like to have the Ponyri scenario -if possible and not a lot of trouble --but I hope you get B&T going

Lynn,

I just tried sending you Ponyri express, but the e-mail bounced back - user unknown. Please e-mail me at sc112565@aol.com and I will attach the file to the reply.

For those interested, I have posted Ponyri Express at the scenario depot and am temporarily hosting it on another website. You can download it by clicking on the link on this page:

Ponyri Express

Ponyri Express Single Player Version

When the B&T web page is updated I will rediriect the link to that location.

[ July 17, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: jwxspoon ]

Can you recommend one of these for PBEM play where both sides are even...

If none of these are even, can you give us a rundown on who has the advantage on each map so two players can play two different maps, each taking a stronger and weaker side for each game...

By the way, I'd like this pack as well please.

blueshift822@hotmail.com

[ July 18, 2003, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

Again, I'd like to request that each of the map makers make a comment as to the strength of each side on the map they made. (Hell, maybe this kind of rating should come with each map as it would greatly benefit PBEM ladder players.)

I know that some people like to play for fun, but I'm not one of them. If I'm going to invest a large amount of time in a game, I need to know each side's strength. So please, can each mapper make a comment as to who has the advantage on each map. A few of us are about to start up some battles and this info is much needed.

P.S.--Can't wait to try these out...

Kevin,

I just finished playing "Ghost Column" with a friend in TCP/IP. I played the German side, I'd like to give some feedback, do you have E-Mail? I dont want to put spoilers up here.

What I can say now is that I thoroughly enjoyed it.