Mod madness

I have developed a strange terrain glitch, which no amount of reloading, tinkering or adjusting seems to eradicate. It seems that, with the map settings on Frozen, or Extreme Cold (but not Snow) I have a map dotted with patches of white where Marsh should be. I have tried loading various mods (I reckon I got the problem from a mod, but have tried going back to the original game version with no luck) including Ed's Marsh and Strontium Dog?s new light marsh (very nice) but the problem persists. On every other map setting, I have perfect marsh terrain - but if the weather turns nasty I get whiteout! Any suggestions, other than never using that setting (which is the sensible and easy way out, I know)?

Bolo

Bolo

Ooooh, I hope you don't have the same problem as me.

I've got a Russian light AC that I did a mod for, except now EVERY surface on that AC has the tire tread pattern applied to it!!! Nothing I can do about it. If I remove the tire tread bmp it just jumps to another single random bmp. It's almost enough to make ya weep, but what can I do?

I hope your marsh tile hasn't gone funky like my Russian AC did. Are you on a mac? I've got an old G3.

Yes, the ice idea is fine, if you squint a bit and pretend that a perfect, glow-white square is actually frozen marsh but, no, it ain't going to work. All I know is that, from some Marsh mod somewhere, I picked up a nasty which I just can't get rid off, even by reloading the CMBB tiles. I am faced with a total re-install (or live without that particular parameter). What worries me, though, is whether this is the tip of the iceberg :D or whether that's where this terrain bug ends, I have also noticed, on some scenarios, entire segments of the sky have gone perfect white, too. Aaaargh.

Bolo

Thanks for the positive choose-all-the-mods-u-like suggestion but, on that subject, has anyone come across a mod that lets you see tree bases in snow terrain? I have a VERY nice snow mod which converts the original to snow/mud, but it hides the tree bases and you have to guess where the edges are. I hate that. I'm not into gridded terrain, but I do like to be able to see the wood without the trees.And if I am going to have to reload everything, I may as well include ones I like. instead of ones I am putting up with.

Bolo