A few questions about things I haven't tried yet...

1) Can non-tracked light Vehicles (Jeeps, Trucks, PSWs) set off Anti Armor Mines?

2) If a unit is dug in, can your enemy see the craters you placed, and the fall-back craters even before he is in LOS?

3) What happens to Infantrie riding a tank when you hit an anti armor mine?

I know I'm a bit lazy, but before I got Hotseat maybe someone already has all this info.

thanks for any answers

RS

[ March 01, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: RSColonel_131st ]

RS,

Here are some answers:

1. As far as I know, yes, non tracked vehicles can set of AT mines.

2. As far as I know, depending upon the type of terrain in which the holes have been placed, your enemy will spot foxholes at the same distance whether occupied or not occupied.

3. If the vehicle on which infantry is riding hits an AT mine, the inf will dismount, possibly and probably with casualties.

Cheers, Richard :D

Yes, even a jeep can set off an AT mine. The chances for any vehicle to set off an AT mine are about 50%, and less if you just clip a corner of the field. Daisy chains have a lower probability of going off, at least they did in CMBO.

There was a bug where you could spot foxholes out of LOS, but I think that has been fixed.

Foxholes in light cover or clear are typically spotted at 100m by regulars using move or move-to-contact, on a clear day.

In scattered trees, spotting distance is about 30m. In trees, about 15m.

For infantry using advance command, spotting distance is reduced by 1/3. Even more for running infantry.

Infantry firing from a foxhole will be IDed as being in a foxhole from greater distances than listed above.

Trenches are much easier to spot. You can see them from 170 - 200m away. Wooden bunkers in woods from about 100m (more if they are firing).

There are still some bugs with barbed wire where you can spot it even out of LOS.