Sharpshooters, Mines & Flamethrowers

Guys,

The short and exemplary explanation about FT teams on offense is that generally, FT teams are only useful against enemies who are about to die anyway. The short is that FT teams are not worth their cost on offense or defense.

On defense on the first turns of a scenario or game, FT teams are useful in torching covering terrain (buildings and trees, especially heavy buildings) that may be useful cover to the attacking enemy. I guess that this is might be called area denial. :eek:

Also, on defense, as part of a tight line of infantry on close range (20 -25 meters) ambush in buildings and especially heavy trees (woods & tall pines), FT can be useful in executing an effective ambush.

In fact, once as part of an ambush on a road, I had a Polish FT team placed in a building take out a passing PzII. It was supposed to be a 1939 scenario. It was pretty cool and interesting to watch. However, that ambush was an act of desparation on my part, and similar ambushes usually do not work.

Cheers, Richardv :D