CMBB Unit Database now Updated for 1.03 patch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DingoBreath:

:confused: How/where does one download the 1.03 patch? :confused:

It's currently a beta patch (they're still testing), and it's only for the US version of the game. If you have the European CDV version, do NOT try to install this patch.

ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/patches/cmbb/

BTW the numbers in my charts are up-to-date for the 1.03a patch (current beta patch is version 1.03c). Once BTS gets the final 1.03 patch out I'll fully correct the penetration charts then.

- Chris

The CMBB Database has now been updated with data from the latest (and hopefully last) CMBB patch 1.03. The guns chart has been completely re-done; almost every gun's penetration numbers changed. Ugh! smile.gif The rest has remained the same.

Enjoy.

- Chris

Originally posted by xerxes:

[QB] I'm a little confused.

Your charts show late war Romanian infantry have access to fausts. When I look in the scenario editor (late '44,'45) I can't find any fausts.

Panzerfausts for the Romanians are randomly assigned by the game engine. You can't edit them into the squads. If you want the squads to have fausts for a scenario, create an excessive number of Romanian platoons then Preview the map, find which platoons have fausts and which don't, then go back out and remove the ones that have few or no fausts. It's annoying, but there you go. :(

BTW, the Finn's fausts can be edited, but that's because their fausts were added in with a patch. Not sure why BTS decided to leave this functionality out of the editor for the Romanians.

- Chris

Is there a good reason to make it that hard for the user?

But thanks for the charts, Wolfe, you rock.

Can you verify the following minor nations availablity list is correct? I have never seen it posted somewhere.

Hungarian June41 - April45

Romanian June 41 - Aug44, switch sides Sep44 - End

Italian Aug 41 - Jan 43

Finnish June 41 - Jun 44

Polish Jan 45 - May 45

Partisans Jul 41 - Jul 44

Originally posted by redwolf:

Is there a good reason to make it that hard for the user?

Not that I know of. I get the feeling BTS wanted to make faust availability very random for non-German squads (mostly Tank Hunters), so didn't bother to include them as a choice in the editor for those units.

But thanks for the charts, Wolfe, you rock.
Thanks! :D

Can you verify the following minor nations availablity list is correct? I have never seen it posted somewhere.

Hungarian June41 - April45

Romanian June 41 - Aug44, switch sides Sep44 - End

Italian Aug 41 - Jan 43

Finnish June 41 - Jun 44

Polish Jan 45 - May 45

Partisans Jul 41 - Jul 44

Looks right, except the Finns are available through Aug44.

- Chris

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

BTW, your hard work in producing such a comprehensive spreadsheet is sensational. You must have amazing patience!

Thanks, Jim. I got started on a project and just couldn't stop! But now, hopefully, it's over with. At least until CMAK. ;)

- Chris

Did anybody ever collect a list of artillery data incl. blast value?

Basics including blast value are in the tanks chart, but I didn't do the ETA this time. I did that for CMBO and won't do it again. It was a severe PITA. :(

- Chris

Originally posted by xerxes:

ok, this is frustrating. I tried generating battallions of Romanians and nary (ie. zero) 'fauts were found. I tried it in the scenario generator and in a QB. (all set to '45 jan).

Any clues about what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, apparently the Allied Romanians only get fausts from Sep44-Dec44 and I didn't notice. redface.gif

I'll have to note that in the charts.

- Chris

Originally posted by Wolfe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

Did anybody ever collect a list of artillery data incl. blast value?

Basics including blast value are in the tanks chart, but I didn't do the ETA this time. I did that for CMBO and won't do it again. It was a severe PITA. :(

- Chris </font>

The ETA is actually much simpler than in CMBO, it only depends on the owning unit and experience. That's it.

Good info. Thanks! But it still doesn't entice me to bother with it. smile.gif Sorry.

Feel free to do it up if you like. I'm sure some folks would love to have the info.

- Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On Infantry chart:

* Under Soviet firepower tables, added Cavalry 43 squad to Soviet Cavalry section and Mountain SMG squad to Soviet Mountain section.

* And corrected Airborne squad in Soviet Airborne section.

* Under Soviet Cavalry TOE, corrected Cavalry Regiment '43 from 2xCavalry41A Sqd to 2xCavalry43 Sqd.

* Under Soviet Mountain TOE, renamed Mountain Battalion '43 to Mountain Company '43.

- Chris